• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Latest Up-Date on Chandler and More

cygnus34

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Northwestern's Todd Chandler is committed to USF, but Louisville starts to sound intriguing

5:49 p.m. EST, December 30, 2009

LAKE BUENA VISTA - Miami Northwestern DL Todd Chandler has been through a flurry of emotions lately.

But one way he puts it is probably a good way to sum up this whole recruiting process, "There's no use crying over spilled milk. Just pour another glass."

Indeed, so that is what the 6-foot-1, 290-pounder decided to do.

The former University of Miami commitment dropped the Hurricanes earlier this month and then quickly turned around and committed to South Florida after an in-home visit from USF head coach Jim Leavitt.

He still has USF atop his list. Now, however, Chandler has some visits planned in January that will likely fog up his picture even more so -- like a trip to Louisville next weekend.. Especially after what he heard on Thursday at the Under Armour All-american game practice at ESPN's Wide World of Sports.

Chandler already knew that Northwestern teammate RB Corvin Lamb had committed to Louisville, and then Wednesday he found out that fellow teammate WR Michaelee Harris had also committed to Louisville on Tuesday night. Cardinals' head coach Charlie Strong, the former Florida defensive coordinator, continues to hit his old territory hard.

"I ain't heard nothing about that," Chandler said of Harris' commitment. "Another reason why that visit is going to be that much more important.

"Me and coach Strong bonded real well when he was still assistant coach at Florida, so me and him still got that going," Chandler said. "Then I see my teammate Corvin Lamb committed to Louisville if Corvin commimtted then I know there's something special about them guys up there.

"I'll have to see what my teammates are thinking about."

His decommitment from UM was a big shocker considering he's the hometown product and seemed to be locked up. Chandler, however, says the Hurricane staff had not kept in touch with him.

"I don't really know what was going on," Chandler said of the Miami communication. "There was a lot of fans saying that 'UM never offered you,' and stuff like that. I actually had it in my hands.

"It was just that they slowed down on the recruiting and I didn't hear from them for awhile. I was calling and not really getting an answer. I didn't know how they was feeling and I didn't want to be misled to something that wasn't. So decided to open up the recruiting."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-todd-chandler-still-undecided-1230,0,1503876.story

Archived