• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How many negative articles has McMurphy had about USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Isn't he AOL's Big East writer? CaÑt he come up with bigger more salatious stuff on one of the more important Big East programs?

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

How about a new thread.  Find an original article with McMurphy "breaking" a story or quoting someone, then an article rebutting the original story?  I think the best ones are ones where the original interviewee says they were taken out of context, or they were asked a leading question by McMurphy and he pretends they said it to him unprompted.

If a bunch of us find one example, the compilation would make a fine blog post.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

The whole Grothe story about getting paid was McMurphy throughing out hypothotical questions towards. Grothe is a down to earth guy that answered some of his questions, so Brett ran with it. It got some headlines as Jim Rome got Grothe on the show after the Kansas win to talk little about the win, but more about athletes being paid. I thought they kind of twisted Grothe's stance on the issue which I thought was tasteless just because they wanted their story. These are kids, and I find that McMurphy does not really care.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Gosh, there have been so many negative articles from Brett, and you wonder why many USF fans cant stand him. Even KnightLight thought Brett was rough on USF, and that should tell you something. Remember all those negative articles about Seth Greenberg and his team back in the days??? You got that feeling that Brett was tired of Seth after reading all those countless articles putting the program down. Remember Brett counting all the fans in the SunDome to make fun of the announced attendance numbers? Brett became so evil towards USF that Stan Heath was already warned about him before he took that first press conference. Never will I forget when Stan Heath called Brett out during his hiring press conference and said that he has heard about him. Brett basically twisted Grothe's comments up that made him look like he was crying about not being paid over his jersey sales. Heck, it even got a request from Jim Rome to talk about the issue only to have Grothe come out saying that he didnt mean it that way and the story was taken out of context. Brett McMurphy is USF's PE#1

Dude, go over to the UCF Rivals site and you'll see that KL is having multiple orgasms over this debacle.  He's probably increased his post count by 200 posts on this subject alone.  He especially loves saying that McMurphy is a valid journalist AND that there is an NCAA investigation about USF basketball, which there is not.

Archived