• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

plant vs man update?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

^ LOL

i wasnt impressed with carnes. i know he was playing a good team, but he just looked like another BJ Daniels out there, scrambling around doing nothing. i won't try to go off one game, but i swore i was watching a bulls game out there the way it was playing out....

Funny you say that about Carnes.  I thought that he was a prototypical USF QB, runs around in the the backfield instead of hitting a quick pass.

I like Ely from Plant.  We should be all over him next year.  USF should be kissing up to Weiner in the biggest way.

I only watched the 2nd half but saw Carnes complete 2 more intermediate passes over the middle than BJ did all year!  Both of those passes were spot on and showed confidence in his throwing, one was sick that went for TD.  I also saw him throw 10 feet behind a receiver on a crossing pattern... UGHHH!!!

However, he is no where as elusive or as thick as BJ, obviously he could grow!!!

First I have seen of him, I was impressed, he can throw the ball!  I don't know if he has BJ's arm, but I think he beats him with his accuracy.  BJ would not have attempted those passes he completed over the middle this year.

(Now I am not saying BJ sucks, nor am I saying BJ wouldn't have attempted those passes in HS, I am just stating what I saw)

• Content Count:  403

Plant's coach, Weiner, says that Wilder is the best high school football player in the country.  Even if that's not true, Wilder will have his pick of any school in the nation. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

yea still 21-0. Manatee isn't paying smart. 2 trips to the endzone redzone and they produce nothing.

Had they been to the endzone twice it would have been 21-14  ;)

Picked up the game middle of first quarter.  Carnes was very erratic, missing some guys by yards (double digit yards on some long passes), not feet.  When he's on he looks very good.  After watching that, I doubt anyone on here would think he could move in and battle BJ for a starting job as a freshmen.  Would like to see him redshirt, but with no other QBs on the team, not sure how it will play out next year.

• Content Count:  16,423
  • Days Won:  43

FWIW, Carnes did have a TD pass dropped in the endzone before the hald. Would have made the halftime score 21-7 and maybe a different outcome.

FWIW, Carnes did have a TD pass dropped in the endzone before the hald. Would have made the halftime score 21-7 and maybe a different outcome.

You are right on that one.  Right in the kids hands.  Nice throw.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Picked up the game middle of first quarter.  Carnes was very erratic, missing some guys by yards (double digit yards on some long passes), not feet.  When he's on he looks very good.  After watching that, I doubt anyone on here would think he could move in and battle BJ for a starting job as a freshmen.  Would like to see him redshirt, but with no other QBs on the team, not sure how it will play out next year.

Don't forget about Godfrey who is just as good as Brion. 

• Content Count:  3,827

For the life of me, I'll never understand why USF doesn't have a firm grasp on every single recruit that graduates from Plant's offense.

The end.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

For the life of me, I'll never understand why USF doesn't have a firm grasp on every single recruit that graduates from Plant's offense.

The end.

because those players have a lot better options than USF

dont see why we cant steal a few though

Archived