• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question on the situation going on with Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

If he's just talking about coaches being angry because of their pay that's possible but where I've been employed the CEO has made 250 tes what some of us made but it didn't make us spiteful and want to frag him.

maybe if you thought you could do a better job?  or maybe if you thought you did things he got credit for?

who knows? 

either way, it would be nice to know who the informer is player or staff...and get rid of them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

The way it sounds to me, it was Miller's dad that was ticked off, went to McM and then backed off.  Don't see what the coaches would stand to gain from CJL getting fired.  Most of them would get canned as well. 

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

brett has a lot of friends at usf

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Wait a second

monetary?

Seriosly taints any info he receives

r u sure?

not sure just speculation... hard to understand why he has so many people that give him information... all being what he wants to hear.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I don't think a lot of people give him information.  When there is talk of coaches, there are also graduate assistants, video coordinators, strength and conditioning types.  It would be typical of McMurphy to lump them all into the "coach" category. 

Remember that there are 105 players on the roster.  Someone has to be ticked they aren't playing more.  Same with the lower ranks of the coaching staff.  Let's also not forget support personell, equipment folks, towel boys, whatever.  They might think it fun to be the secret "inside voice" of the program.  Lots of reasons for McMurph to not name his sources.  One of them being that no one will be impressed with who he would name. 

A Hot Dog vendor was walking by, and he thought he might have seen Leavitt choke a player.

Personally, I'll beleive Brett's version of the story when he releases the full text of the interview with Paul Miller and we find out that he really gave his quotes in the context Brett implied them. 

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I think what doesn't add up is the "by the throat" part. I know McMurphy makes stuff up but it seems hard for me to believe that the kid and the dad were saying, CJL grabbed me by my shoulder pads and then McMurphy changed that to "grabbed me by the throat". One is totally no big deal and one is we may have a problem. The brother's take on the radio seemed to sound like he agreed with McMurphy and the coach seemed to believe over a week ago that Miller was grabbed by the throat and it appears that he is sticking to that story. So why has it changed? Who is lying? It seems like the Miller's tried to make a big deal out of this at one point and are now backtracking. So my question is, did they lie to McMurphy, the brother and coach in the beginning or are they lying now. I don't really know because I don't know this kid and his family and you can't trust what anybody says anymore.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well it is possible to be grabbing a guy by his throat and his shoulder pads at the same time.  i doubt leavitt intended on doing a choke move on someone but face it..the guy is passionate...sometimes to a fault.

he might of grabbed some throat then when the comments broke, he might of appoligized, explained the situation, and dad/player were ok with that.

clearly leavitt didnt phyiscally hurt the kid.  probably just embarrassed him a little bit in front of his teammates.  all a dad wants is to have their son get some respect and if leavitt gave a sincere apology to them then i can see a story change. 

i am guessing that the real truth is somewhere inbetween the two stories.

if it was an all out choke and punches to the face im sure it wouldnt of went silent for that long. 

but if it was just a shoulder pad grab to motivate someone then there wouldnt even of been a story.

we will never know the REAL story but i am confident that leavitt would never intentionally hurt a player. 

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

well it is possible to be grabbing a guy by his throat and his shoulder pads at the same time.  i doubt leavitt intended on doing a choke move on someone but face it..the guy is passionate...sometimes to a fault.

he might of grabbed some throat then when the comments broke, he might of appoligized, explained the situation, and dad/player were ok with that.

clearly leavitt didnt phyiscally hurt the kid.  probably just embarrassed him a little bit in front of his teammates.  all a dad wants is to have their son get some respect and if leavitt gave a sincere apology to them then i can see a story change. 

i am guessing that the real truth is somewhere inbetween the two stories.

if it was an all out choke and punches to the face im sure it wouldnt of went silent for that long. 

but if it was just a shoulder pad grab to motivate someone then there wouldnt even of been a story.

we will never know the REAL story but i am confident that leavitt would never intentionally hurt a player. 

I agree. Just have to wonder where this investigator will go with this. This guy had a very complete report on that last thing he investigated with us (women's basketball I believe). I think hiring him goes a long way into making the university look above board but I doubt that CJL will appreciate having his whole set up essentially "audited".

Archived