• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why are you still doing this, Brett? and why now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

These are two questions we would all like to have answered.  There is a story there for some budding investigative journalist to discover.  Why doesn't the Trib just clear the air about why Brett no longer works there?  Don't the other media outlets find it strange that all these hit pieces about USF athletics are coming from the same person?  Everyone can speculate about why Brett is doing what he's doing.  Perhaps it's simply a damaged ego, but he's been doing this kind of thing long before his dismissal from the Trib.  Perhaps his efforts are being rewarded monetarily by some outside source.  Who would have something to gain by tarnishing the image of our athletic programs?  Of one thing I'm certain . . . it has NOTHING to do with CJL as a person.  Look at what he's doing to the men's basketball program now, and what he did to the women's program earlier.  Same garbage.  Why now?  Probably to hurt recruiting, I imagine.  And what outside interests would have anything to gain by hurting our recruiting?  Just about everyone, I suppose.  Will Brett ever aim his hard-hitting brand of investigative "journalism" at the University of Florida athletics program?  I doubt it.  GB!

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

These are two questions we would all like to have answered.  There is a story there for some budding investigative journalist to discover.  Why doesn't the Trib just clear the air about why Brett no longer works there? 

Potential lawsuit.  Even if they had just cause, speaking about it publicly opens up a whole other can of wormsl.

Don't the other media outlets find it strange that all these hit pieces about USF athletics are coming from the same person?

They don't know.  They don't follow USF religiously.  They see a report by FanHouse, and go with it.  One reporter I emailed yesterday did not know there was history with McMurphy and USF.

Everyone can speculate about why Brett is doing what he's doing.  Perhaps it's simply a damaged ego, but he's been doing this kind of thing long before his dismissal from the Trib.  Perhaps his efforts are being rewarded monetarily by some outside source. 

Nope.  He's just trying to make a name for himself.  His writiing isn't good enough, so he has to try and "break" big stories.  Even if he has to make them up to do it.

Who would have something to gain by tarnishing the image of our athletic programs? 

A player or coach who feels they were treated unfairly/not given playing time/not promoted.

Of one thing I'm certain . . . it has NOTHING to do with CJL as a person. 

I don't know Leavitt personally, so I can't say one way or the other.

Look at what he's doing to the men's basketball program now, and what he did to the women's program earlier.  Same garbage.  Why now?  Probably to hurt recruiting, I imagine.  And what outside interests would have anything to gain by hurting our recruiting? 

Again, people like McMurphy just care about themselves.  They really don't care whether it hurts anyone else, or whether it's justified or not.

Just about everyone, I suppose.  Will Brett ever aim his hard-hitting brand of investigative "journalism" at the University of Florida athletics program?  I doubt it.  GB!

Sure, if he can find a handle.  If they're smart, they won't let him within 100 miles of campus!  ;D

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

He wants to be the Geraldo of sports writing. He secretly wishes he was Buster Olney and was THE go-to guy for breaking news.

sp_1005_05_v6.jpg

• Content Count:  7,890

I think Brett was molested by a Bull when he was little

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

thats distasteful

• Content Count:  16,412
  • Days Won:  43

Brett better be careful as media outlets have been sued before in the past. I remember Coach Price getting a settlment from Sports Illustrated because they slandered his name during that Bama scandal.

• Content Count:  5,241

I think someone else could be pulling brett's strings and wants Leavitt gone, bur who knows...

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Is this from an anonymous source?

Archived