• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official International Bowl Travel Information/Packages

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  54
  • Days Won:  0

If a travel company cannot figure out an easy way to Toronto, how are we suppose to do it? Their are no good commercial flights to Toronto.

http://www.BullsSportsTravel.com

Air Travel

Because of international restrictions, and the difficulty of finding suitable charter planes on the busiest team travel weekend

of the year, we recommend commercial air travel to Toronto.

• Content Count:  5

We received our update on the travel packages forToronto. I'm a little disappointed on not being able to book flights with the packages but will probably go early anyway now so that we can be there for New Years Eve.

I had to write and warn everyone on the travel hotel packages. If you book through any other site for either of the "official hotels" you can get a good rate stating at about $175 a night. But if you try to book even the lower cost option through the school approved Bullssportstravel.com its $395 PER PERSON. I tried to Chat with a rep there for clarification since the home page suggest its per stay not person and here's a copy of the chat below. (If you're going book everything yourself!!!)

-Welcome to Premiere Sports Travel! An online representative will be with you shortly. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 0 minute(s) and 19 seconds. Thank you for waiting.

-All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

-You are now chatting with 'Ciara x120'

you: Hello! I'm confused on the price for USF hotel package at international bowl. The "home page" says Prices Starting at $359 •Price is per room, not per person as stated below. Maximum of 4 people per room.... But when I go through the registration process it seems like the price really is per person since with 3 people the price totals over $1000 (this is for the Westin Harbour Castle)

Ciara x120: Yes, the prices are going to start at the Quad rate which means 4 people will be in one room and the price is per person. So if you have 3 people in one room it is the price of the triple per person

you: ok could you help me with that then. I can find the same rate per person on expedia or travelocity but that also includes the airfare. Is there something I'm missing that's included for that amount?

Ciara x120: No, the prices are all set as is and everything that is included is listed in the package description. Airfare is not included.

you: Why is it so much more than if i were to book a room only through another travel site?

you: Even on the westin castle rocks website its only $277 per night not per person

Ciara x120: I am not sure, we do not work with other travel agents.

you: Wait that was a special new years price that includes champagne. The lowest rate on the hotels own website (not another travel ageint) is $173 a night

Ciara x120: These are the prices that we are going to have. We do not compare ourselves to other travel sites. The prices will not be changing.

• Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

I hate to say this BUT i think you will always find better deals on your own.

• Content Count:  2,277

It's always more expensive to travel booking through USF but the difference there is outstanding!

• Content Count:  277

Seriously?  This is a total let down.  A decent, affordable travel package would have my been last gasp chance of making it.  I'm a little disappointed they didn't even bother trying to charter a plane.

I guess this is USF's way of telling us to not bother going.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

No different than previous years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

No different than previous years.

For anyone that is been on here for the last couple of years, you should know that the USF prices are outrageous.  I've never been able to figure out why when people can book online and get better rates.  I guess this, in part, helps pay for the unsold tickets??

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think everyone's getting a piece and you know that adds to overhead...

I can sympathize with PBJim, you'd really like to see the school offer a competitive package.  This instead is like a fundraiser it seems to me. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I'm a little disappointed they didn't even bother trying to charter a plane.

I am guessing they bothered, it is just that the price was absurd.  In order to charter a plan it would have had to be at a price point where they felt like sufficient number of people would accept.  So if it worked out to something like $1500 per person, then people would have just complained that the cost of airfare was 3x what it was on other websites.

Archived