• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On another negative note,

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I missed the game b/c I had to work, many students work retail and this is one of the busiest days of the yr. So take that into account

sorry, can't take that into account. School has 40K+ students and we can't get more then 100 students? Guess none of the big schools have students that work and this is a USF issue only. One reason and one reason ONLY the turnout was weak and that was the majority of students don't give a crap about their team. They want to have a UF or FSU type team given to them but aren't willing to do their part and support this team like UF and FSU fans do. We can point our fingers all we want at those other schools fans calling them arogant or whatever but at least they give a **** and will show up win or lose.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

can't get mad at a bad turnout on thanksgiving vacation... just can't... students have one real chance all semester to go home and visit family.  If we were winning, we'd have had more students, but it still would have been much less than normal.

Bullheaded,

I am sorry, but I believe this was a game for the Tampa Bay community to support, but they dropped the ball. The students were on Thanksgiving vacation, so I expected this to be non-existant from them just like the basketball games. If you were counting on student attendence for USF then you are just crazy. What I was more upset is that there was not much promoting for this game. To be honest, I would not have even known their was a USF game starting at 11am if I wa not a die hard USF fan. I had to tell alot of people that the time changed for this game because they thought it was at 7pm. I dont know what USF can do, but I just think it is tough to sell USF because of the BUCS. I just dont get why people want to waste all that money to watch a bad Bucs team.

Would be really nice for the communit to support us and I agree that the promoting stinks BUT I'm sorry if the students don't give a **** why should others who have no ties other then living in the same city? Besides, where is home for the majority of kids? Right here!

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

It was bad. The announced was 21,392, but the actual turnout was much less. There were about as many students as Jr. Bulls Club families. It was sad.

Also, 21,392 is the worst home I-A showing and the second worst home showing all time. If USF keeps this up, then we'll be as bad as UCF. :)

Yes, that was for you STK, because I know you look everywhere for bad things about USF to shove in our face. Problem is USF fans as a rule face their problems, so you are just wasting time. But since it seems to give you purpose in life, have fun. ;)

Kizarvexis

can't get mad at a bad turnout on thanksgiving vacation... just can't... students have one real chance all semester to go home and visit family.  If we were winning, we'd have had more students, but it still would have been much less than normal.

Alright, I'll just quit here...I'm too pissed to really make sense anyway.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

i really dont feel like or have the time to type out all the reasons why student turnout was so bad.... but if you thought it was going to be even decent today you are completely dillusional and know nothing about the USF student body

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

You know what is worse??? The attendence at the basketball games. There just is no student support for basketball right now. When I went to school in the late 90's, students had to run to get good seats. Now, there is about one row of students watching the basketball games. It really has gotten worse for some reason. I just as much rather USF shut down athletics if noone is going to care about them IMO.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I went to the game...stood there the whole time.  Had to force my uncle to stay since he wanted to leave.  The student sections sucked!  I think that even if all the students sat together one section would not have been filled.

I'm still saying we'll have more next game.  A lot of people are not here so that must be taken into account.  At least 15 of my friends couldn't make it cuz they were either home or at work.  So again, I still think we'll have more at the Pitt game.

And an 11AM game was bad...the sun was in my face half the time.  And 8AM tailgating is just...blah!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We just don't have that many HARD CORE Fans ... yet.  :-[

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Its not like half the students showed.  NOBODY SHOWED!  If there were 200 students I'd be shocked.  Excuses are like bellie buttons and...well you get my drift.  It was just disappointing to know only a few thousand die hard alums./CF fans really care for this program.