• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like UCF and USF might get a 5th game to the series afterall....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

both are crappy bowls.  it's not like we have a choice.  either way, crappy bowl against a crappy team.

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

I don't want USF.  I'd rather take over the trop on our own....no sharing of fans.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

I don't want USF.  I'd rather take over the trop on our own....no sharing of fans.

You will even if USF is invited ...

• Content Count:  236

You will even if USF is invited ...

i agree.  we didnt sell it out last year and we're the home team

• Content Count:  118

Guess not....Knight vs. Knights in St. Pete.  USF relegated to the frozen tundra with 300 fans.  HA HA HA HA.

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Do Bulls really want the International bowl against a MAC team more than against UCF?

What you guys don't seem to understand is that we didn't have a choice.  You guys seem to think that we had an option to play in St. Pete and chose not to because we didn't want to play UCF.  That's just more of your anti-USF dogma.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Do Bulls really want the International bowl against a MAC team more than against UCF?

I'm sure not everybody does but i sure do .... We went to St Pete last year ... We've already played, and beaten, two teams from CUSA in bowl games. If we've got to play another team from an inferior conference, I'd like it to be a different one. 

• Content Count:  1,386

Considering that the St Pete Bowl did not want two teams from Florida, when they offered to UCF, it GUARANTEED that USF would not be selected by the St Pete Bowl. The St Pete Bowl wanted an out of state team to have travel fans. USF's options for Bowls were the PapaJohns.com Bowl and the International Bowl as the Gator and Meineke would pick the higher ranked teams. When the PapaJohns.com Bowl picked UConn, that left the International for USF.

As for playing UCF, USF is 4-0 vs UCF, but split games with NIU in 2001 and 2002. So getting the flip on NIU would be a good thing IMO.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Also, people seem to forget.  Our original series with UCF was for 5 games.  UCF (and C-USA) agreed to drop the last game because it was to be held in Tampa and there was not going to be a return game.

Archived