• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are the fans at for basketball???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Things were simpler when I was a student.  We knew they played in that big old Sun Dome.  We only had to get a pocket schedule and we were set for the WHOLE Season.  No marketing or advertising necessary.

You guys even have the internet now, how hard can it be to know when there is a game?

USF Named No. 3 in Digital Marketing of Men's Basketball

You cared enough about basketball to get a pocket schedule. Plus, things have changed (besides the fact they don't use peach barrel hoops any longer) in that football is giving the vast majority of students their sports fix. They need something to get the casual fan in there and hopefully hooked, but even that won't have a chance until conf play. You'd have to have some serious giveaways to get them to Hampton and central michigan games...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

No **** cmhatter, but shouldn't it be a safe bet that if it's good enough recruits (high schoolers) to find online, shouldn't our current college students know how to research something so trivial.  It's not confidential stuff happening at the official site, Twitter, and Facebook - it's open to everyone. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Trips,  I don't know much about bribing the bandwagon crowd.  My remarks are in response to those needing to be told or reminded there is a game and think chalking up the sidewalk, for an example, is the answer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Trips,  I don't know much about bribing the bandwagon crowd.  My remarks are in response to those needing to be told or reminded there is a game and think chalking up the sidewalk, for an example, is the answer.

Ah, reading back I see that .... I hate it when threads have two separate issues to deal with.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

First of all...let me say this.

FINALS = NO EXCUSE!!!

We have well over 35k students on this main campus, and in the general area.  If we can't get 1-2k out of that that can take a couple hours off for a Basketball game, we have some SERIOUS problems.  Or there is something NOT happening in marketing!

BTW...i'm stand corrected, in the Seth days back in the early 2000's we would average 5k for average home games, but well over 8k for big home games. 

We can barely get 3k right now!!!

I know that the crowds will get better during conference play...but its just not happening fast enough.  We're gonna be out-numbered AGAIN by schools like Notre Dame/UConn/WVU.

Please get out there and drag your friends to these games...the team is playing WELL!!!

Get out there and support them!!!

They've already won as many as the football team!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,523

Basketball is a different sport.  If you want to advertise it well, you have to market the PLAYERS.  Not the team like football.  Look at the successful teams.  Every one hypes up their star or the star coming to play them.  When I was there, we could care less Cincy was coming, we wanted to make life miserable for Fortson.  Right now, there really aren't any "stories" to get folks to come out.  If fans are likely to see something "great" like a future star, they're more likely to go.  You have to get the hype going and it starts with getting the "clubs"/greeks invested.    Offer to pay out 3 cash prizes to the top 3 groups in attendance for the season with a "minimum" of "x" attendances.  1st place-$3000, 2nd-$2000, 3rd-$1000.  Whatever the budget will allow.  After a few years of this, you should be able to build a decent base for the future...Bc the games actually are pretty fun once you go.  

• Content Count:  292

do $1 beer night and students will come

• Content Count:  2,726

^^^^^^this

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,478

^^^^^^this

GO BULLS!!!

Oh hellz yes!

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

It's hard to get an average, non season ticket holder, out-of-tampa fan to these games.

I'm one of them, I'm not making the trek across the howard franklin to go see us play Hampton on a tuesday night.

Fans have lives too.

Archived