• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are the fans at for basketball???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Got home and ESPN listed it tonight at just over 2k. 

That is pitiful.

We've averaged only 4k or so this year.

I remember back in the early 00's we were averaging 8k for mens BBall.

What happened to all the fans???!?!?!

And heres the real question...we had 4k for the games last week.  Why was tonight's game at 2k?!?!?!!?

WTF?!?!?!

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,390

It's truly embarrassing. UCF had 4500 for their game against Division 2 Newberry last night.

I want their student section, I want that energy they have in that place. I'm a Bull 100%, but I've been in that student section back when I was in high school and it was FUN. For some reason we just can't put it all together right now and it's honestly very unsettling for me. We basically have the same types of kids going to each school, yet ours choose to not support anything other than Football. If we had just 1/10 the average football student section at the basketball games, that's 1,000 alone....I can't even imagine that compared to right now!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

usf athletics department is failing miserably at getting the students, alumni, fans etc to support this team. 

i dont know who is in charge but its such an obvious bad job, either someone is an idiot or just doesnt care.  and we all know you need to have mccullum like performances at any position at usf to ever get fired...a lot of blame goes to the "happy to be here" fans as well. 

• Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

A lot of factors came into play.

1) Opponnent was Hampton

2) Bad storm was coming

3) Finals

You will see attendence spike up once the BIG EAST schedule kicks in as it has for the last four years.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I remember back in the early 00's we were averaging 8k for mens BBall.

I'd really like to know what you were smoking back then.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

A lot of factors came into play.

1) Opponnent was Hampton

2) Bad storm was coming

3) Finals

You will see attendence spike up once the BIG EAST schedule kicks in as it has for the last four years.

You forgot, past history.

• Content Count:  2,478

usf athletics department is failing miserably at getting the students, alumni, fans etc to support this team. 

i dont know who is in charge but its such an obvious bad job, either someone is an idiot or just doesnt care.  and we all know you need to have mccullum like performances at any position at usf to ever get fired...a lot of blame goes to the "happy to be here" fans as well. 

Ditto. NO WHERE was the game advertised. There was a mention in an article in the Oracle. But it was in the middle of a story on Justin Leemow, sorry but majority of the students aren't going to read that. The marketing and advertising to students is a joke. Put signs up in Argos, Andros, Marshall Center and Poplar. Its such a joke. I only knew about the game because I looked the schedule up online. I'm a hardcore fan, but the greater majority won't go unless brought by a friend or perks to go with it. They need more giveaways to get asses in the seats.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

Ditto. NO WHERE was the game advertised. There was a mention in an article in the Oracle. But it was in the middle of a story on Justin Leemow, sorry but majority of the students aren't going to read that. The marketing and advertising to students is a joke. Put signs up in Argos, Andros, Marshall Center and Poplar. Its such a joke. I only knew about the game because I looked the schedule up online. I'm a hardcore fan, but the greater majority won't go unless brought by a friend or perks to go with it. They need more giveaways to get asses in the seats.

Trick the greeks by making every night greek night? Thats the only way they will show up.

A few years ago they had signs at some of the various crosswalks, but they did not get updated. There no reason for our student section to be so poor.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Yup, the athletic department is the reason for the embarrassing attendance. You never see an advertisement for games on campus. Whoever is in charge of marketing the games should be fired.

• Content Count:  7,890

I was there and both the fan and student turnout was sad. I somewhat understand for the student stand point being finals.

Archived