• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt is on PLAN!

Donno

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

My Plan!

We have decent talent in talent positions but we are lacking in recruiting.  Miami, and Pitt just lined up and killed us.  Neither team did anything fancy and smacked us in the mouth.

In the next 3 years he will...

• 1a)Continue to improve recruiting, we have had 1 adequate recruiting class, he needs to continuously improve every year
  • 1b) In 3 years we will have a consistent pipeline of top 25 recruiting classes
  • 2) Win or Finish within 1 game of Conference Champion (I will give him some leeway in case another team or teams have a incredible year)

If the above happens I will then have the ability to properly judge his coaching ability.  I don't believe any amount of coaching could have helped us on the field against Pitt or UM.  They did nothing but line up and beat us off the ball, it was depressing how much better UM was than us, mostly because they were bigger and just as fast. 

I want to see the day when we can line up against another bcs team, do nothing fancy and beat the other team.  Just beat them because we are bigger and better, not out-scheme them just beat them!  We'll save the scheme for the good schools!when we can just line up,

If he can't do this in 3 years then it is time to find someone who can or cut back spending on football and enjoy the few upsets we may have in a decade.

He has built this program from nothing, and regardless of what everyone says, it has improved but it is time we become established year in, year out.  By established I mean finishing top 25.

• Content Count:  693

Doesn't he have 2 years left on his contract after this year? So while you are giving him 3 years the rest of USF will be giving him 2. I do agree with most of your plan...can he do it??? We will have to wait and find out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Doesn't he have 2 years left on his contract after this year? So while you are giving him 3 years the rest of USF will be giving him 2. I do agree with most of your plan...can he do it??? We will have to wait and find out.

His contract runs through 2014.  I agree that 3 more years is about right to make a decision on his future. At that point a buyout is affordable.

Guest BasketBull.

We have not had a decent running game since Andre Hall -who made his own plays.

Why not? Have any of our o-line guys been drafted to the NFL? Nope.

Which of our receivers in recent years is playing in the NFL? None that comes to mind...

We need talent.

But that's not to say that we don't have other problems:

We have serious coaching problems.

Is it all doom and gloom? Nope. I think as far as a program, we are well on our way. But in terms of the current state of the team and all those things involved, we are in need of major repairs. This year's team is last year's team with a few band-aids thrown over major wounds.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

• 1b) In 3 years we will have a consistent pipeline of top 25 recruiting classes

What is this year class ranked? If we have classes ranked in the 35 and under range the next 3 years then we should see something

on the field....we have very little talent on this team and most of the talent we have is all young talent.

This years class is the most important one ever, cause if we can't turn the corner now in recruiting I don't see it happening for along time.

• Content Count:  1,985

I have to agree, first, to talk about dumping CJL is moot and all it can do is hurt.  Do you not think recruits will look at this board to see what the fans are like.

Second, we have promise in a lot of young talent here, guys that have 3 years remaining as starters.  Canales was in his first year, and has to deal with an overly ambitious freshman QB, and a young front line.  Imagine what next year will look like.  

Think of it this way, UF has been playing since 1906, that is 103 years of football.  They have won 8 SEC championships.  That averages one every 13 years (Stats majors, yeah I know the SEC is not that old, yadda, yadda).  They have had 25 seasons at .500 or worse, we have had 3... All in all, we are doing better than most, and will win our share.

I have to agree, first, to talk about dumping CJL is moot and all it can do is hurt.  Do you not think recruits will look at this board to see what the fans are like.

All message boards are like this.  Do you think the people on Warchant.com are causing problems for recruits?  HA!

Second, we have promise in a lot of young talent here, guys that have 3 years remaining as starters.  Canales was in his first year, and has to deal with an overly ambitious freshman QB, and a young front line.  Imagine what next year will look like.  

Exactly.  Most of the OL two-deep returns, and we still might get Daron Rose and Carlos Savaala here... not to mention another year of strength and conditioning for Jamar Taylor... add in guys like Bradley Battles (RFr) and commits like Marcus Shaw... and the only WR with a lot of playing time we lose is Hester...  The offense should be better...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

My Plan!

We have decent talent in talent positions but we are lacking in recruiting.  Miami, and Pitt just lined up and killed us.  Neither team did anything fancy and smacked us in the mouth.

• 1a)Continue to improve recruiting, we have had 1 adequate recruiting class, he needs to continuously improve every year
  • 2) Win or Finish within 1 game of Conference Champion (I will give him some leeway in case another team or teams have a incredible year)

If the above happens I will then have the ability to properly judge his coaching ability.  I don't believe any amount of coaching could have helped us on the field against Pitt or UM.  They did nothing but line up and beat us off the ball, it was depressing how much better UM was than us, mostly because they were bigger and just as fast. 

I want to see the day when we can line up against another bcs team, do nothing fancy and beat the other team.  Just beat them because we are bigger and better, not out-scheme them just beat them!  We'll save the scheme for the good schools!when we can just line up,

If he can't do this in 3 years then it is time to find someone who can or cut back spending on football and enjoy the few upsets we may have in a decade.

He has built this program from nothing, and regardless of what everyone says, it has improved but it is time we become established year in, year out.  By established I mean finishing top 25.

in 3 years we will be no better off

why would anything change?

you leavitt supporters are very funny

it took jim harbaugh 2 years to make stanford a very good team

it really shouldnt take leavitt 8 years to build a decent team.

a little tip---if leavitt hasnt done it by now it aint happening

• Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

Donno,

Thank you for your refreshing and rational post.  People do not seem to understand how hard it is to build a program from nothing.  Not take a good program like Stanford and make it better in two years...build one from nothing. I agree lets give Jim a few more years before we start all this nonsense. 

• Content Count:  4,879

Donno, I think CJL & ADDW would agree.

Archived