• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF hoops catching on

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

I have been saying it that the BIG EAST should bring in UCF for the 9th football member. We need that to help the scheduling.

their new arena is a really nice place. i was there about a month ago for a big concert.

as much as this board loves to hate on UCF, they surely know how to party/rally around their school. even when i was a student there and they really sucked at all sports, they still had support from people. their on campus improvements help tons.

yeah it's definitely the gem of the Athletics Village, also cool how they have so many concerts there all the time, I saw the Tiesto show there the weekend of the Miami game and it was a blast, a lot of music acts putting on shows in small to medium sized venues are starting to pick the UCF Arena over Hard Rock or the House of Blues when coming through Orlando.

I was talking to a friend during homecoming weekend about 'what if' we got into the Big East in regards to basketball. I initially thought that basketball would be buried and would probably not have too much success being in arguably the deepest conference in America but I really think that a conference change could convince big time prospects from up north to take that visit and with the basketball facilities, maybe if UCF grabs a few big time prospects...they can become a threat in basketball. Obviously Football needs the BCS tag the most to improve but I wouldn't count out the basketball program making noise regardless of the conference.

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

I have been saying it that the BIG EAST should bring in UCF for the 9th football member. We need that to help the scheduling.

their new arena is a really nice place. i was there about a month ago for a big concert.

as much as this board loves to hate on UCF, they surely know how to party/rally around their school. even when i was a student there and they really sucked at all sports, they still had support from people. their on campus improvements help tons.

yeah it's definitely the gem of the Athletics Village, also cool how they have so many concerts there all the time, I saw the Tiesto show there the weekend of the Miami game and it was a blast, a lot of music acts putting on shows in small to medium sized venues are starting to pick the UCF Arena over Hard Rock or the House of Blues when coming through Orlando.

I was talking to a friend during homecoming weekend about 'what if' we got into the Big East in regards to basketball. I initially thought that basketball would be buried and would probably not have too much success being in arguably the deepest conference in America but I really think that a conference change could convince big time prospects from up north to take that visit and with the basketball facilities, maybe if UCF grabs a few big time prospects...they can become a threat in basketball. Obviously Football needs the BCS tag the most to improve but I wouldn't count out the basketball program making noise regardless of the conference.

So now not only do knights think that if they get in to the BE they will dominate football, they will dominate basketball too? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

yeah i was at that tiesto show. good times.

ucf had a pretty good bball season in 07 i think. or they at least had started really well. i dont follow them much in basketball, just not my sport to be honest. i remember the games in the old o-rena or whatever back in 01-02, it wasn't bad but this new one really seems to have captured the students' attn more.

ucf would benefit by leaps and bounds by being in the big east of course. they really need to have about 2-3 quality years in c-usa in football to prove they can move up, but the BE is a logjam right now (though i surely hope they dump depaul, and give notre dame the 'join us or leave' ultimatum).

• Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

UCF's young knights beat Auburn by 10 tonight to go to 3-0.  This is a very young team but has some very real talent on it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

UCF's young knights beat Auburn by 10 tonight to go to 3-0.   This is a very young team but has some very real talent on it.

An Auburn team that lost to Missouri State by 11 .... but it is an SEC team.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

even though the SEC isn't super relevant when it comes to basketball season, any win over one of them is good in my book!

i don't follow it much, is micheal jordan's son playing (marcus)? like, is he any good, or just kinda there?

Archived