• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will USF announce the 2005 Football schedule?

Guest HowieP1

Guest HowieP1

The clock is ticking!

Jurich reveals Big East slate

The Cardinals' first season in the Big East Conference will include home games against Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Rutgers and road games against West Virginia, Connecticut, Cincinnati and South Florida. Non-conference opponents Kentucky and North Carolina are set, with a possible matchup against Texas-El Paso.

That sets up a schedule that school officials have been looking forward to in 2006, with home games against Kentucky, Miami and West Virginia, plus conference matchups at home against Cincinnati, South Florida and Connecticut.

http://www.courier-journal.com/cjsports/news2004/11/21/C8-ulnotes1121-3292.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I would bet money that our schedule looks like this:

HOME: Louisville,Cincy,WV,UCF

AWAY: Pitt,Syracuse,Rutgers,UConn, Penn St

2 games still pending

We might get BE to switch UConn to home if we get the away game vs Miami

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Um... how come Louisville knows their Big East home-away pairings? Have they been announced?

Guest HowieP1
Um... how come Louisville knows their Big East home-away pairings? Have they been announced?

I presume that ALL the BE AD's know by now the pairings, but only Jurich announced his.

Guest HowieP1

Well, it was about six months ago that we were supposedly finalizing a game with FAMU for 2005 according to newspaper accounts then, and now it's reported "likely," so I'm not sure if that is a step forwards or backwards  ;D :

College football

FAMU likely to join home schedule

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published November 23, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - Signs point to South Florida bringing in Florida A&M to fill one of the two remaining dates on its 2005 schedule.

FAMU athletic director Joseph P. Ramsey II , whose school has been in discussions with the Bulls about a trip to Tampa, had a somewhat telling nonanswer when asked about the prospects of playing at USF.

"I really can't say anything, but USF is going to let everyone know whether a game with us might be happening, or not," Ramsey said. "If you check with them soon, they might have some news."

USF isn't in the habit of announcing games it isn't playing, so Ramsey's words point toward the Bulls bringing in the Division I-AA Rattlers. USF athletic director Doug Woolard , reached Monday night, said he wouldn't confirm any opponents until an official announcement.

USF will play seven conference games against Big East opponents and is scheduled to play at Penn State and at home against Central Florida.

Tampa hosted the Florida Classic,FAMU's annual rivalry with Bethune-Cookman, from 1978-96, drawing more than 30,000 fans to Tampa Stadium. A USF-FAMU game, given the Rattlers' strong following in the Tampa area, could put it among USF's biggest home crowds since its first game in 1997.

"Tampa was always a good market for us years ago, and I would hope that's still the case," Ramsey said.

The USF game might not be FAMU's only trip to Raymond James Stadium. Ramsey confirmed he has been in discussions with Florida Atlantic about the schools playing in Tampa in what would serve as a home game for the fledgling Owls. The strong attendance would be a boost for FAU, which is averaging fewer than 11,000 in three home games this season.

"If we know we can get 40,000 fans in Tampa for a game vs. 10,000 to play here in Boca, it could be worth it to do that one time," FAU athletic director Craig Angelos said.

SCHEDULE CHANGE: The kickoff for USF's season finale against Pittsburgh on Dec.4 at Raymond James Stadium has been moved to 11 a.m. to accommodate ESPN2's national broadcast. It will be USF's second morning kickoff in a row after an unprecedented switch for Saturday's home game against Memphis.

[Last modified November 23, 2004, 00:12:19]

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/11/23/Sports/FAMU_likely_to_join_h.shtml

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

2 items:

Why are we always so secretive about what is happening with the schedule?

Not a good sign that FAU has to consider moving a home game to Tampa to boost their attendance numbers - they are already in a very bad situation regarding the new attendance requirements.  I think the attendance requirements should only apply to your "regular" home field.  This is a big out for teams to sell a "home" game to a big name opponent and play at their stadium to meet the requirments.  If this flies, I think you will see teams in trouble like the lower MAC play a "home" game against Ohio State in Columbus.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Note from the USFs ADs office: "Just send in the ca$h. Trust us the schedule will be great".

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

How does FAU expect to get 40,000 in a game in Tampa?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Nevermind, I didn't read the whole thing carefully.  They expect FAMU to bring 35,000.