• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kion Wilson yapping it up about Rutgers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2009/11/south_florida_lb_kion_wilson_t.html

“Their offensive line had extremely a lot of hype going into the game, but they’re second in the Big East in giving up sacks. They don’t handle stunts and pressure very well, so hopefully coach (defensive coordinator Joe) Tresey will be aggressive with the play-calling and have our defensive line do a lot stunting and a lot of blitzing and, hopefully, we’ll be able to get pressure on the quarterback.â€

I agree with what he's saying that Rutgers has a mediocre at best line, but they did blast us on our home field last year. Thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Sort of interesting to see a statement in public like that out of one of players. We usually don't spout publicly about this kind of stuff. On the other hand Kion has been doing some talking this year. He was all over the secondary a few weeks ago so maybe he is trying to be a vocal leader.

The defense was really embarrassed last year and I know they are pissed about Rutgers passing when they were up by 33. I hope Tresey let's them pin the ears and T off on savage all night. Some major style points on a nationally televised game wouldn't hurt our chances of getting a better bowl game. 3 years of frustration. I hope they come out fired up.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Sort of interesting to see a statement in public like that out of one of players. We usually don't spout publicly about this kind of stuff. On the other hand Kion has been doing some talking this year. He was all over the secondary a few weeks ago so maybe he is trying to be a vocal leader.

The defense was really embarrassed last year and I know they are pissed about Rutgers passing when they were up by 33. I hope Tresey let's them pin the ears and T off on savage all night. Some major style points on a nationally televised game wouldn't hurt our chances of getting a better bowl game. 3 years of frustration. I hope they come out fired up.

^^^^^Agree

We are in dire need of a vocal leader on both sides of the ball but for now I will settle for one or the other...

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I prefer the boys do their talking on the field and keep their comments in house.  No need to provide bulletin board material for opposing teams.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Bulletin board material is overhyped.  Cincy trashed us, then they backed it up.  Didn't hurt them at all.

If you talk the talk, you better walk the walk.

• Content Count:  487

Joey Porter did the same thing and you saw what he did on Sunday: 0 tackles and the Dolphins got whooped. 

• Content Count:  1,251

ummm the dolphins did not get whopped.....joeys trash talk did not work this year but as i recall he trash talked even worse last year and the fins pissed all over the pats in their stadium......who cares if kion opens his mouth as long as they win

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Not really any trash talk, just said the truth, maybe should have kept that to himself but oh well.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Bulletin board material is overhyped.  Cincy trashed us, then they backed it up.  Didn't hurt them at all.

If you talk the talk, you better walk the walk.

Could not agree more. If you are a D1A player and need to use another teams's remarks to get you fired up then you aren't ready for the game. I think that the "bulletin board material" is more of a fan based thing. Does anyone really think that the ND players used to believe Holtz when he told them that they would lose to (enter horrible team here). Being over confident is the problem, not if you fire up the opponent. "It ain't braggin' if you back it up".

Archived