• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

President Genshaft

zarnozdabull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

At the WVU game when President Genshaft came out to do her thing in the field during commercial break a couple of students sitting next to me said some pretty awful things about her. Now I'm a new student here at USF so I'm not very familiar with Genshaft and what she has or hasn't accomplished as President here. So I wanted to ask you guys what you thought about her, do you think she has underachieved? has she tried her best to make our University the best she possibly can? Somewhere in the between?

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

shocking students talking bad about the President

What did they say

• Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

What did they say

I'm paraphrasing but it was stuff like "Go cash your paychecks you c*nt!" "You don't give a **** about us!"

I was a little bit shocked at hearing this. When I attended FAU you got the feeling that the students really liked Frank Brogan and the things he was building like the innovation village and the OCS. He gave a speech at every orientation, helped students move in every Fall and would go running with the students every other day. I understand this doesn't necessarily mean he was working hard but he still made most of the students like him a lot. I don't think Genshaft would go out of her way like that to make herself publicly well-liked. Hell the WVU game was the first time I've seen her in person other than some online videos. But like I said, I'm not familiar with her work and I do notice all construction going on on campus right now, so are the USF students wrong?

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I think Genshaft has done pretty well with the resources she has to work with (money). I wish she would get more publicity for athletics, but research is her goal.

• Content Count:  1,390

My guess is they had no idea what they were talking about and were just saying that stuff to be hard asses. She did give herself a nice raise a little while ago, so that may have fueled some of it. Who knows.

I'm only a Freshman, but I've been following USF for a few years, and I tend to think that Genshaft has done a pretty good job at USF so far.

• Content Count:  3,307

I think Genshaft has done pretty well with the resources she has to work with (money). I wish she would get more publicity for athletics, but research is her goal.

I also think that the goals of the University are not something the average undergraduate sees. The lazier students just want cheap tuition and professors who won't make them work too hard, and if they don't get those things they're mad.

And don't forget that up to 50% of students don't graduate within six years (the great majority of those never do) so it's possible that the people complaining about her are going to end up in that group.

• Content Count:  1,524

I also think that the goals of the University are not something the average undergraduate sees. The lazier students just want cheap tuition and professors who won't make them work too hard, and if they don't get those things they're mad.

And don't forget that up to 50% of students don't graduate within six years (the great majority of those never do) so it's possible that the people complaining about her are going to end up in that group.

Yeah its true, a lot of the research money she gets pumped into the university is never seen by the students. Research is definitely not something that brings students to the University, but it brings in the $, and we need those to stay competitive. Also, it angers me when I hear people say "USF sucks" or "Genshaft sucks" because they have no idea what it take to run a University of this size, yet they think they could do a better job. To all those people that say "I hate USF" I say "Go to another school".

• Content Count:  2,277

I was a student from 2000-'05.  I think she's done an incredible job with what she has to work with.  She has brought a lot of $ and publicity to the university the past few years.  The couple times I've met her she's been really nice.

• Content Count:  6,502

What did they say

I'm paraphrasing but it was stuff like "Go cash your paychecks you c*nt!" "You don't give a **** about us!"

I was a little bit shocked at hearing this. When I attended FAU you got the feeling that the students really liked Frank Brogan and the things he was building like the innovation village and the OCS. He gave a speech at every orientation, helped students move in every Fall and would go running with the students every other day. I understand this doesn't necessarily mean he was working hard but he still made most of the students like him a lot. I don't think Genshaft would go out of her way like that to make herself publicly well-liked. Hell the WVU game was the first time I've seen her in person other than some online videos. But like I said, I'm not familiar with her work and I do notice all construction going on on campus right now, so are the USF students wrong?

Don't worry about it....those students are the type of students that will ***** about everything at the university.  Please do not let their sour attitude sway you in your experience at USF.  It is a great school.  I am very proud to be an alum of the University. 

Your expriences at USF is what you make not others.

GO BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS!!  :gobulls :gobulls :gobulls

• Content Count:  2,726

Don't worry about it at all...

President Genshaft has done phenomenal things with this University.  I've noticed during my tenure at the universityin(2002-2008).

She knows exactly what to do, as far as logistics and protocol, and is an all-around class act. 

She even visits the band on away trips AND travels with every sports team she can for important road match-ups. 

The only thing i will knock her for is her horrendous public speaking.  For such a smart woman...she's might be the worst public speaker since president bush.  lol

AND she doesn't live on campus at the "President's" house...which i think is kinda weird.  lol AND she got a mega-promotion...like a couple years ago.

Pay no attention to them...make your own judgements.  You're in college now...better yet...you're at USF!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Archived