• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Polls tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I don't know but we won and USC lost so that makes it a good week.

USC should drop to at least 6th.  ;)

Ah true, I think when they lost to Washington they were only out of the NC conversation for about 30 seconds.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Ah true, I think when they lost to Washington they were only out of the NC conversation for about 30 seconds.

YEAH!!!

Now they'll say...

"How can a 2-loss USC make it to the national championship?"  <---  Guaranteed Segment!!!!

or

"A 2-loss USC can jump undefeated Cincy if..."

I can hear it now...

Good lord, the world doesn't like the BIG EAST.

Did any of you see that poll on ESPN's website.  It said...which is the toughest conference?  and the big east was the only BCS conference NOT listed.  WTF is that ****???

It really makes me sick sometimes!

Seriously though...i think we'll get some votes, but be out of it...like 29th or 30th.

GOOOOO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Well the first thing out this morning is Sagarin.  He has us at 17 (ELO-CHESS) which is factored in the BCS computer rankings.  As I stated in another post, I believe the computers will get it today and have us around 20, but the Coaches and Harris will drag us down to somewhere between 25 and 28 in the BCS rankings - the bias from the human polls toward name programs really sucks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

My rant about this from another thread yesterday:

Quote from: thatboykane on Yesterday at 07:46:54 PM

i could see usf moving to #25 but unlikely.

The bias in the bcs ranking human polls (coaches & harris) for name programs is unreal.  Tomorrow Ohio State will probably be ranked 15th while USF will be lucky to be 25th.

Ohio State has 1 win against a then ranked program (Wisconsin at #25) with 2 losses, only 1 against a then ranked program (USC at #3).

Our Bulls have 2 wins against then ranked programs (FSU at #18 and WVU at #21) with 2 losses, both against then ranked programs (Cincy at #8 and Pitt at #20).

Clearly USF should be ranked ahead of Ohio State, but only the computer 1/3 of the BCS will get this right tomorrow.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

After how we looked against Pitt, it is hard to make a case we should be ranked.  I am more interested in if we can end the season ranked.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  613
  • Days Won:  2

B C S POLL  # 30

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

After how we looked against Pitt, it is hard to make a case we should be ranked.  I am more interested in if we can end the season ranked.

A LOT of teams in the polls have been blown out.  USC got blown out yesterday, do you think they will be ranked.  Cal got blown out, they were ranked.  Miami got blown out by a 3 loss VT.  There are other examples.

• Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Well the first thing out this morning is Sagarin.  He has us at 17 (ELO-CHESS) which is factored in the BCS computer rankings.  As I stated in another post, I believe the computers will get it today and have us around 20, but the Coaches and Harris will drag us down to somewhere between 25 and 28 in the BCS rankings - the bias from the human polls toward name programs really *****.

Actually I think ELO-CHESS is biased, too - it's the Sagarin score that doesn't take score margins into account, right?  Only win/loss?  So it's definitely going to rate us higher since we've only lost 2 games and both to ranked teams.  A human would (and I'd say should) count our spanking by Pitt as more detrimental than if we'd lost by a field goal in overtime.

But I had forgotten how important ELO-CHESS is in the rankings right now - so I'm upgrading my chance of a top 25 appearance from unlikely to not at all unlikely.  I'd say between 29 and 22.  If not this week then following a Buttgers victory for sure.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Where do you see USF in the polls tomorrow.

- No votes

- A few votes, around 30-35th

- Lot of votes, 26-29

- Sneaking in at #24 or 25.

I see us getting a decent number of votes, but not getting in to top 25.  I will say 29th.

no where

Archived