• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Story on Carnes...

Brad

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

Think about if we get Godfrey and Tarean Austin as well! Does anyone here see Godfrey as a D-1 QB? He's awfully small.

I would love to see Landi back a WR. He seems like a Kerry Mier type of WR. Nothing flashy just get the yards.

I doubt we take 3 QBs in a year we're supposed to have around 20 scholarships (At 20 there will be some turnover, but if we sign 25 expect real heavy turnover in the spring).

Carnes is committed and hopefully gets in academically.

If Godfrey commits I think we take him and pass on Austin.

If Godfrey goes elsewhere then I think it's 50-50 for another QB and Austin may be that guy.

I think we take all three if we can get them. Right now our QB's are BJ and Evan. If we bring in all three, who is to say they'll all stay at the position. We will lose Mitchell, Love and Bogan next year and with Austin's size and athleticism, I won't mind seeing what he can do at WR. Plus, if Sanders follows Carnes here and if Godfrey, Gainer and Reese all want to still play together in college and all come here, it'd be great to get those guys as well. I say bring in the best talent you can and see what you can do to get them on the field.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Think about if we get Godfrey and Tarean Austin as well! Does anyone here see Godfrey as a D-1 QB? He's awfully small.

I would love to see Landi back a WR. He seems like a Kerry Mier type of WR. Nothing flashy just get the yards.

I doubt we take 3 QBs in a year we're supposed to have around 20 scholarships (At 20 there will be some turnover, but if we sign 25 expect real heavy turnover in the spring).

If Godfrey goes elsewhere then I think it's 50-50 for another QB and Austin may be that guy.

I think we take all three if we can get them. Right now our QB's are BJ and Evan. If we bring in all three, who is to say they'll all stay at the position. We will lose Mitchell, Love and Bogan next year and with Austin's size and athleticism, I won't mind seeing what he can do at WR. Plus, if Sanders follows Carnes here and if Godfrey, Gainer and Reese all want to still play together in college and all come here, it'd be great to get those guys as well. I say bring in the best talent you can and see what you can do to get them on the field.

The problem taking 3 QBs in one class is that you're essentially requiring moving one, maybe 2, to another position for it to work out.  No team wants to have 3 QBs in the same class.

Carnes, Godfrey and Austin may all be good athletes, but couldn't I get a better WR if I just recruited a WR?

Godfrey is a more interesting case given the Reese and Gainer involvement.  However, the Shaw commitment tells me the staff is starting to believe they can get Godfrey and Reese without Gainer.  We have next year the following at RB: Ford (Sr), Taylor (Sr), Kelly (Sr), D. Murray (So), Lamar (So), Battles (RFr).

Add in current commits, Adaris Bellamy, Tiger Powell and Marcus Shaw, and if (a big if) they all make it in we are at 9 RBs. 

I still want Godfrey (even if he seems small), and hope for Reese.  I could live without Gainer, especially if Bellamy makes it in.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The problem taking 3 QBs in one class is that you're essentially requiring moving one, maybe 2, to another position for it to work out.  No team wants to have 3 QBs in the same class.

Carnes, Godfrey and Austin may all be good athletes, but couldn't I get a better WR if I just recruited a WR?

Godfrey is a more interesting case given the Reese and Gainer involvement.  However, the Shaw commitment tells me the staff is starting to believe they can get Godfrey and Reese without Gainer.  We have next year the following at RB: Ford (Sr), Taylor (Sr), Kelly (Sr), D. Murray (So), Lamar (So), Battles (RFr).

Add in current commits, Adaris Bellamy, Tiger Powell and Marcus Shaw, and if (a big if) they all make it in we are at 9 RBs. 

I still want Godfrey (even if he seems small), and hope for Reese.  I could live without Gainer, especially if Bellamy makes it in.

if we recruit heavily at RB i don't think battles will be an RB...

I want Carnes badly but tarrean austin is reallllly good too

• Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I want Carnes to come here as well, but wow it would be a cluster f of QB's. BJ, Landi, Carnes and with all 3 having talent to be a starter egos will be flaring.

Not a bad problem to have.

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  4,879

Carnes' profile gets even higher with each win.  As long as he remains a firm committment, he makes it 'easier' for other high prospects to select Bulls

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4,879

its in all the media locally that both Carnes and Sanders have opened their recruiting to offers and will be taking other visits

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I saw Carnes on TV last night and he said that he will be taking other visits.

Archived