• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marcus Shaw Commits

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

Hope one turns into an Andre Hall type back.

Still hopeful for Jamar Taylor.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Nice.. Almost 1,900 yards in only 8 games. That is quite a feat! Not much of a schedule though he did still average almost 9 ypc vs a very good Charlotte team. Good pick up.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If Shaw, Powell and Bellamy come to USF and qualify that means that Battles' days as a RB are over.  I am okay with that as he was all-state as a DB, not RB and had several pick 6's in HS.

Normal

And we sure know we can use a boost in the CB department

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Some video of him from 2008:

• Content Count:  185

After watching that video, I don't think he'll be a RB for us and it would be in his best interests to change. He doesn't possess the break away speed. I think he has a ton of potential though for a safety ala Bob Sanders. Since he doesn't have the speed, he does have the instincts which you can't teach and might not be a hitter like sanders yet but, with our strength and cond. coach he will pack on the right weight and become a force. Also with our track record of converting players, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens. Although that is the only clips I have seen of him, and if you know Florida football, you can tell he definitely is a gamer and has great instincts for the ball. Great addition and wish him the best of luck. Although, I hate to judge players until they have played against equal competition and have a decent supporting cast. Since football especially in Florida, there could be a player that either is in a lower classification or on a bad team or has a horrible supporting cast and ultimately hinders there play. Remember football is a team sport. Although some individuals can excel more than others and some are a product of the person who is playing next to them or a system. He will turn out to be a great pickup and do some great things for us.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

After watching that video, I don't think he'll be a RB for us and it would be in his best interests to change.

I'm thinking we should wait for the kid to at least get on campus before we consider changing his position. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

After watching that video, I don't think he'll be a RB for us and it would be in his best interests to change. He doesn't possess the break away speed. I think he has a ton of potential though for a safety ala Bob Sanders. Since he doesn't have the speed, he does have the instincts which you can't teach and might not be a hitter like sanders yet but, with our strength and cond. coach he will pack on the right weight and become a force. Also with our track record of converting players, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what happens. Although that is the only clips I have seen of him, and if you know Florida football, you can tell he definitely is a gamer and has great instincts for the ball. Great addition and wish him the best of luck. Although, I hate to judge players until they have played against equal competition and have a decent supporting cast. Since football especially in Florida, there could be a player that either is in a lower classification or on a bad team or has a horrible supporting cast and ultimately hinders there play. Remember football is a team sport. Although some individuals can excel more than others and some are a product of the person who is playing next to them or a system. He will turn out to be a great pickup and do some great things for us.

that is a junior season video... he probly made great strides like most do in their senior season.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  622

Just saw this on flavarsity.

DeSoto County High senior Marcus Shaw rushed for 330 yards, five touchdowns, and a two point conversion run in a 35-21 win tonight at Bayshore High. His fourth score of the game, a 79 yard run in the 3rd quarter, gave him over 5,000 yards for his career. And tonight's effort came with four sophomores on the offensive line!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You can't argue with this kid's production and he may not be a burner but he has all the tools to be a good one. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

what class is his school?

Archived