• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Only 650 tickets left for UM game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Night or Day game idc, by the time gameday comes around it should be perfect weather.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

bah. this is gonna be a rays game against the sox or yankees. mostly visiting team fans. it really wont be a blast since if we drop an egg, i can already hear there fans drowning us out in our own stadium.

you couldn't be more wrong about the makeup of who is going to this game. Miami will have a decent showing, mostly from Tampa area fans. But the vast majority of the crowd will be USF fans. If there are more than 15K Miami fans total, that still doesn't make them a majority by any stretch. ANd the comparison of Yankee or Red Sox fans to the lackluster support Miami fans is comical. No comparison-- both of those fanbases dwarf UM. Even playing a boring game like Wofford/CSU-- our fans show up in large numbers.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Night or Day game idc, by the time gameday comes around it should be perfect weather.

So not true! Miami doesn't go to games at their own stadium let alone travel 4 hours! No way! The vast majority will be USF fams with most Miami fans being Tampa based. The only time we will ever be the minority in our house is if gators ever had the guts to play an OCC away game. In that case they travel really well and you have those moron USF fans who will say they like both teams! But for this game we will drowned them out with USF chants and cheers!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I would think we will have an early sellout when FSU plays here in 2012. There are a lot of Tampa based FSU alumni. I expected this also since there is a significant amount of Tampa based Miami fans and alumni.

You figure, if Cincy, UWV and UM are all close to a sellout, that will really boost our attendance average and the payout to the school.

Thanks for signing the series again UM!

• Content Count:  3,802

UCF fans have been claiming there were 15-20K Miami fans in THEIR stadium.

I'd believe it that there will be that many at ours.

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

Miami has a serious national bandwagon fanbase. They didn't sell out their allotment(returned 500) but there were Cane fans scattered throughout the Stadium at UCF...they probably had at least 15K fans there...I guess their 'paul wall lookalike' fans don't know how to check w their team's ticket office before ordering tickets. It's really weird considering their home game w/ FAMU the week before down in Miami was lucky to have 30K fans there, seems they might have more fans all over the nation than in South Florida itself. Don't be surprised by a huge Cane turnout

Miami has a serious national bandwagon fanbase. They didn't sell out their allotment(returned 500) but there were Cane fans scattered throughout the Stadium at UCF...they probably had at least 15K fans there...I guess their 'paul wall lookalike' fans don't know how to check w their team's ticket office before ordering tickets. It's really weird considering their home game w/ FAMU the week before down in Miami was lucky to have 30K fans there, seems they might have more fans all over the nation than in South Florida itself. Don't be surprised by a huge Cane turnout

That sounds accurate because when seeing that game on TV, there was a lot of orange in the stands but sprinkled everywhere, not in just one area. Kind of like our game with the Neer's in 07'. Lotsa yellow.  Conversely, I anticipate USF should have a good showing at Land Shark Stadium next season since there will be plenty of seats.

• Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

I just hope our student section will be full! I have heard that a lot of students will be unable to make it to the game since they will be going home for thanksgiving!

I just hope our student section will be full! I have heard that a lot of students will be unable to make it to the game since they will be going home for thanksgiving!

Well I hope that won't be a problem, first the student section will not be expanded like the CIncy game since those seats were already sold. So less students will be able to attend. 2nd, I could be wrong but one would think most of our student population has their families based within an hour or two of the campus. One of the few positives about being a big city university. I bet game time will play a role. However, this will be the biggest name school to play us at RJS so I would think this should be hyped.

• Content Count:  3,749

So not true! Miami doesn't go to games at their own stadium let alone travel 4 hours! No way! The vast majority will be USF fams with most Miami fans being Tampa based. The only time we will ever be the minority in our house is if gators ever had the guts to play an OCC away game. In that case they travel really well and you have those moron USF fans who will say they like both teams! But for this game we will drowned them out with USF chants and cheers!

wtf are you talking about? lol. I was just commenting on game time and how nice the weather should be then.

Archived