• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Race...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

OK, I left Friday morning after the game for a hunting trip to GA. Checked the board a couple of times, but I haven't seen this talked about...if it has been, feel free to move this post...

Has anyone heard anything definitive about Pike? I saw something that said he would miss next week's game with UL (not a big deal). Anything else on that front? Apparently Kelly mentioned that the plate he got last year had shifted. I would assume that, if true, he would require another surgery? Over the next few weeks, Cincy plays; Louisville, Cuse, UConn, WVU. They play at Cuse, the rest are at home.

I think, without Pike, they could easily lose one of those. They have Pitt on Dec. 5. I think we still have a shot in this thing. Sure, we have to win out in our conference games, but I think it is quite possible that Cincy could lose 2. (technically, we could lose one more, if there end up being 3 2-loss teams and we beat the two that beat Cincy).

We have to re-focus and get ready for Pitt, it's going to be a tough game, but if we polish up our mistakes from the other night, we should be fine. We have a pretty good team, just bad execution on Thursday.

Since I missed all the fun, My thoughts on the game...

- Don't like reading about how BJ doesn't want to run, then watch him pull up and throw a bad pass on 3rd down and 9 when there wasn't anyone to stop him for less than 20 if he had run. It was a rookie mistake, but don't say things to the media that make you look like you're thinking too much.

- Missed opportunities. Drop by Richardson was huge (why is Richardson running that route in that situation. That needs to be Bogan). Mitchell's Drop was bad.

- I wish Pike had stayed in. I think Tresey had our guys ready to play, but it's hard to completely throwout what you worked on for 2 weeks and stop a running QB. Especially when the defense was on the field so much.

- Murphy...WTF?

- Daniels had a freshman game. I have been concerned about the short/intermediate passing game. We have lived by the big play since he has been in. Need to get more crisp on those shorter routes so that we can control the clock and let the defense rest a bit. BJ needs to learn to play from behind too. Sometimes, you have to throw into tight coverage and take a chance, getting sacked 1000 times or scrambling around like a wild man won't cut it, the receivers certainly weren't coming back to him though.

I haven't watched the DVR replay yet. I thought there were 3 chances we had to completely take over the game, and we didn't do it. The 3rd down that BJ didn't run for, the 4th down that Richardson dropped, and the 3rd and 11 that Collaros ran for a 75 yd TD. If we make 2 of those 3 plays, I think we easily would have won that one. I don't think Cincy is any better than us, they just executed when they had chances. Not at all coaching IMHO, sure, Ford could run more, but otherwise, the plays were called, the chances were there, the players just didn't execute. My one coaching complaint is that we have apparently completely abandoned the 4-3 defense. When we are down, the other team has their back-up QB in, THEY ARE GOING TO RUN. Put in some line backers to shed some blocks and make tackles.

Alright, sorry for the long post, got carried away...

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Just to clarify, does not the winner of a 3 way league tie go to the highest ranked team? If so, what would happen in the rare event that no one is ranked?

I could see us beating UWV and then UWV beating Cincy. If such a 3 way tie happened I am not sure how we would fare.

Just to clarify, does not the winner of a 3 way league tie go to the highest ranked team? If so, what would happen in the rare event that no one is ranked?

I could see us beating UWV and then UWV beating Cincy. If such a 3 way tie happened I am not sure how we would fare.

If that happened, USF would likely be ranked higher than all of them... if only because of WHEN the games occur.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't think so, I think it is a mini tournament first, then ranking...

it's head to head with the three teams... if someone went 2-0 and the other two went 1-1, the 2-0 team would win. Not sure if that makes any sense. And as I think about it, I am not sure how that would help us unless there are 4 teams that have 2 losses and we are 2-1 in the games...

Also, I should point out that if Cincy isn't going to lose 2, I am pulling for them to win out and play for the NC. Ultimately, a 12-0 Cincy in the NC would be better for the conference than an 11-1 USF in the Sugar Bowl. But, I personally would feel better about the second option there.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

we need to worry about this weekend first...

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

fans can worry about whatever, whenever, as it has no impact to the real game.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Really?

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Really?

Really Brad.

• Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

oh

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah it looks like some fans say "we" because they consider the team's perspective in their thoughts and comments.

Then those that don't feel the same connection to the team, the more removed "fan" let's say, corrects them.

Silly.

Archived