• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We'll Beat Pitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Our dominating pass rush has been consistent all year. . . . . . even in defeat this week.  There is absolutely no reason to suspect we will not bring the heat at Pitt.  Since Bill Stull is garbage, I'm calling for 4 turnovers.

Besides many of the guys that carry the baggage from the 07 and 08 seasons are not on the field this season.  While i think the hubbub of the Gregory to Chico move was overstated, I think Tresey is a huge upgrade over Burnham even though Tresey's old boss handed him his a$$ Thursday (tresey still held Pike to a single 1st down in the first half BTW, so tresey's game plan was probably solid).  Remebmer Burnhams GP for the 08 Cincy game. . . . . . he took our best player (Selvie) and made him a roving linebacker lining up behind less talented linemen. . . . . . I still just barfed a little bit in my mouth at the thought of that gimmickry.

Assuming BJ keeps grinding and Chico adjust his 1st down play calls. . . . . . . our pass rush will keep us in every game.  hell we were a an inexplicable dropped pass from being down 7 pts with over 12 minutes left in the game against cincy (I weep at the thought of how frenzied RayJay would have been those last twelve minutes). . . . . . . alas the ball was dropped and the last 12 minutes played out like funeral instead of a fiesta.

We'll beat pitt.  Because we're better than them.

• Content Count:  5,591

I'm more worried about that freshman running back they have.

I saw maybe five minutes of the game last night, and they showed how he already has 10 td's.  He looks pretty good.

• Content Count:  2,213

I saw maybe five minutes of the game last night, and they showed how he already has 10 td's.  He looks pretty good.

I'm worried too.  but i think we can neutralize stull with a measly 4 down linemen and make the Panthers one-dimensional.

Imagine that 3 and 19 where Pike broke our hearts from the end-zone on a perfect pass (webster had him covered). . . . . Stull will pee down his leg.

• Content Count:  5,591

I'm worried too.  but i think we can neutralize stull with a measly 4 down linemen and make the Panthers one-dimensional.

I hope we can force them too pass.  But with the way we made changes for collaros(sp?), i'm not sure we can.

• Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

I'm moat nervous about their d-line. We will stop their run game. We just can't stop running QBs.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We will stop their running game?  If the DTs and LBs clog the middle like we did against fsu then maybe.  Otherwise I expect them to be effective running.  Watching yesterday's game I was impressed with Dion Lewis's vision.  If he gets a crease in the middle he has the vision and speed to make a cut and go long.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Pitt's) is leading the country in rushing. We should be concerned with him. I am concerned that their tough D makes us a one dimensional team. We need to get the RBs going otherwise we will be putting too much on Daniels against a dominant defense.

• Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully we will. Understanding that Daniels is a freshmen QB maybe USF should consider using a running game to take the pressure off of him. 

Keep Points:

• Weather in Pittsburgh, PA on 10/24 52 degree with chance of rain
  • Since 2005 Leavitt's record after a loss: 8 - 11

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I could be wrong but I think our Defense and speed should be able to neutralize their running game and just dare Stull to beat us with his passing game. Our Db's are better than the few times they burned us last year.

• Content Count:  16,466
  • Days Won:  43

We need to stop the run, and I believe we will have a great chance for the W.

Archived