• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We got beat by a top 10 team

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,110
  • Days Won:  39

I guess you are happy with the Bulls being a mediocre program.  That is sad.  Apparently we have a lot of fans like that since most of the "FANS" left before the game was over.  We beat ourselves, Cincinnati did not beat us.

A lot of people on here are content with being a mediocre Big East team.  Not sure why.  That was an UGLY showing tonight.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

It matters to me because we as a conference are trying to get respect and it sucks that our own fans are disrespecting each other.

As I said before, I didn't come here to gloat.  I came here because I remember how it felt when we got crushed by UCONN last year and I wanted to say that it is only one game and you guys are still in the thick of things.  But, I was a little taken aback by the "Cincy isn't a top ten team" talk.  I don't think you would find that on our board if we would have lost to you.... you would have seen a lot of "USF is better than we thought they were".  I could be wrong about that, but I don't think there was a lot of "UCONN isn't good" last year.  

• Content Count:  488

It matters to me because we as a conference are trying to get respect and it ***** that our own fans are disrespecting each other.

As I said before, I didn't come here to gloat.  I came here because I remember how it felt when we got crushed by UCONN last year and I wanted to say that it is only one game and you guys are still in the thick of things.  But, I was a little taken aback by the "Cincy isn't a top ten team" talk.  I don't think you would find that on our board if we would have lost to you.... you would have seen a lot of "USF is better than we thought they were".  I could be wrong about that, but I don't think there was a lot of "UCONN isn't good" last year.  

Okay...someone please help.  My clap-on is not working.

It matters to me because we as a conference are trying to get respect and it ***** that our own fans are disrespecting each other.

Yeah I think Cincy is a good team.  I think the Bulls D was able to just contain Pike which hey good job.  Unfortunately they gave them a free TD on a huge INT return and let the backup QB jog into the TD.  That's really on the Bulls.

I will say that Cincy's D made us look silly.  We had one good drive pounding the rock and throwing that slant.  

• Content Count:  292

cincy made the plays usf didnt.... simple as that

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

How is that thoughtless and uneducated?  Do you agree or disagree that penalties and mistakes are a direct refection on coaching and that coaching is part of the game of football?  I came here to tell you guys that you shouldn't give up on your team after one loss, that UCONN spanked us last year like we were their neighbor's kid, but we came back to win the BE.  You guys are still in this thing, but your fans need to man up and stop making excuses. 

I agree with just about everything you said in your posts except for the last line.  Until our coaches teach better discipline and/or the players learn some, it really doesn't matter what the fans say/post.  We again were outcoached and your defense was pretty freakin spectacular from where I was sitting.  The outcoaching thing has me worried.  If this ship doesn't get righted by next week, USF may be lucky to hit their 7 wins.  I said in previous posts that I could see us winning the rest of our games but couldn't could also envision losing all of them. 

Yeah but your QB almost killed our entire D-line.  I could not believe how many tackles he avoided.  I think he should have run more once those d-linemen got behind him though.  He could have gotten a lot more yards on the ground

Yeah but your QB almost killed our entire D-line.  I could not believe how many tackles he avoided.  I think he should have run more once those d-linemen got behind him though.  He could have gotten a lot more yards on the ground

I think he seemed to always be looking for the big play instead of just running and getting some yards and moving onto the next play.  Not sure why, all I can say is that this is his 3rd game.  It was frustrating to watch but he is new.

• Content Count:  667

How is that thoughtless and uneducated?  Do you agree or disagree that penalties and mistakes are a direct refection on coaching and that coaching is part of the game of football?  I came here to tell you guys that you shouldn't give up on your team after one loss, that UCONN spanked us last year like we were their neighbor's kid, but we came back to win the BE.  You guys are still in this thing, but your fans need to man up and stop making excuses. 

I agree with just about everything you said in your posts except for the last line.  Until our coaches teach better discipline and/or the players learn some, it really doesn't matter what the fans say/post.  We again were outcoached and your defense was pretty freakin spectacular from where I was sitting.  The outcoaching thing has me worried.  If this ship doesn't get righted by next week, USF may be lucky to hit their 7 wins.  I said in previous posts that I could see us winning the rest of our games but couldn't also envision losing all of them. 

i gotta agree with ricky on this one.. see, bearcatbulldog, the difference is that you guys may have lost to UCONN last year, but you guys were, before and after that game, a well-coached team.. you guys bounced back and as long as kelly is at the helm, you guys will always bounce back.  over here in USF-land, we can't say that we have that same asset.  it's the same story year after year.. i guess you gotta be here to see and feel what we're going through.

sure, we lost to a top 10 team.. but it's how we lost-- and it's the fact that we got OUTCOACHED that scares us all.. you can change the players, change the recruits, change the assistants-- but it all starts at the top.

The way to beat Cincy is to control the clock.  Fresno almost did it and Miami OH almost did it by controlling the clock.  Had your QB just run for positive yards after those breakaway plays, you would have gotten a lot more first downs and really tired our defense I think

Archived