• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We got beat by a top 10 team

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

How is that thoughtless and uneducated?  Do you agree or disagree that penalties and mistakes are a direct refection on coaching and that coaching is part of the game of football?  I came here to tell you guys that you shouldn't give up on your team after one loss, that UCONN spanked us last year like we were their neighbor's kid, but we came back to win the BE.  You guys are still in this thing, but your fans need to man up and stop making excuses. 

I agree with just about everything you said in your posts except for the last line.  Until our coaches teach better discipline and/or the players learn some, it really doesn't matter what the fans say/post.  We again were outcoached and your defense was pretty freakin spectacular from where I was sitting.  The outcoaching thing has me worried.  If this ship doesn't get righted by next week, USF may be lucky to hit their 7 wins.  I said in previous posts that I could see us winning the rest of our games but couldn't also envision losing all of them. 

i gotta agree with ricky on this one.. see, bearcatbulldog, the difference is that you guys may have lost to UCONN last year, but you guys were, before and after that game, a well-coached team.. you guys bounced back and as long as kelly is at the helm, you guys will always bounce back.  over here in USF-land, we can't say that we have that same asset.  it's the same story year after year.. i guess you gotta be here to see and feel what we're going through.

sure, we lost to a top 10 team.. but it's how we lost-- and it's the fact that we got OUTCOACHED that scares us all.. you can change the players, change the recruits, change the assistants-- but it all starts at the top.

It is interesting to me that most of us outsiders think you guys have a good coach.  He must be really good at PR, because I never hear bad things about him other than from USF fans lol.  Who that would be available, would you want instead?  I don't know that there are many good coaches out there. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

wow...most of you sound like fsu fans after we beat them.  no excuses, we got beat by a better team.  they executed better and they actually know how to catch the freaking ball!!!!!  

• Content Count:  21,081
  • Days Won:  39

How is that thoughtless and uneducated?  Do you agree or disagree that penalties and mistakes are a direct refection on coaching and that coaching is part of the game of football?  I came here to tell you guys that you shouldn't give up on your team after one loss, that UCONN spanked us last year like we were their neighbor's kid, but we came back to win the BE.  You guys are still in this thing, but your fans need to man up and stop making excuses. 

I agree with just about everything you said in your posts except for the last line.  Until our coaches teach better discipline and/or the players learn some, it really doesn't matter what the fans say/post.  We again were outcoached and your defense was pretty freakin spectacular from where I was sitting.  The outcoaching thing has me worried.  If this ship doesn't get righted by next week, USF may be lucky to hit their 7 wins.  I said in previous posts that I could see us winning the rest of our games but couldn't also envision losing all of them. 

i gotta agree with ricky on this one.. see, bearcatbulldog, the difference is that you guys may have lost to UCONN last year, but you guys were, before and after that game, a well-coached team.. you guys bounced back and as long as kelly is at the helm, you guys will always bounce back.  over here in USF-land, we can't say that we have that same asset.  it's the same story year after year.. i guess you gotta be here to see and feel what we're going through.

sure, we lost to a top 10 team.. but it's how we lost-- and it's the fact that we got OUTCOACHED that scares us all.. you can change the players, change the recruits, change the assistants-- but it all starts at the top.

It is interesting to me that most of us outsiders think you guys have a good coach.  He must be really good at PR, because I never hear bad things about him other than from USF fans lol.  Who that would be available, would you want instead?  I don't know that there are many good coaches out there. 

No you are not seeing it from the perspective of an irate fan...  They say fire this fire that without any idea of who will replace them and why.

• Content Count:  667

No you are not seeing it from the perspective of an irate fan...  They say fire this fire that without any idea of who will replace them and why.

charlie strong.

if it were up to me, leavitt would have been fired last year-- we all see the trend that has developed, it's no secret.

i think we are really close to being a powerhouse in the Big East. we have all the ingredients, we just need someone who is better at cooking it up. i honestly think USF is in a position where the program can recruit itself (being in the heart of florida, in a BCS conference).  that said, i think it comes down to COACHING/PLAYER DEVELOPMENT-- which is not leavitt's strong suit.

• Content Count:  1,528

Some of us need to quit making excuses. Cincy was the better team and they proved it. They took it to us with a backup QB and made the adjustments at halftime. Kelly is one hell of a coach.

We have a lot of things to address that contributed to the loss:

- Again, where the HELL was Mike Ford?!? Unacceptable.

- BJ Daniels happy feet was awful to watch in the 2nd half. Were the receivers that well covered? Why didn't we counter with screens?

- Jerome Murphy missed interceptions and penalties all night long

- Personal Fouls are unacceptable.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I guess you are happy with the Bulls being a mediocre program.  That is sad.  Apparently we have a lot of fans like that since most of the "FANS" left before the game was over.  We beat ourselves, Cincinnati did not beat us.

You said it perfectly.  We gave this game away.

No small children died because of this game.  I get tired of the overly dramatic world is going to end blah blah blah. 

Rome wasn't built in a day.  No need to cry or be obnoxious in the meantime.

Archived