• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Conference Afiliation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I believe USF and Cincinnatti both being ranked speaks volumes for what the BCS has done for our respective schools and to college football.  The BCS is great for the members but I'd have to classify it as "unfair" for the non-members.  I'm so happy USF is part of this "upper class" of FBS schools but its time to make all FBS schools part of the BCS.  In my opinion all FBS conferences MUST have access to one BCS bowl bid even the Sun Belt and CUSA.  In 5 yrs even those teams with the BCS $ will be competitive. I believe this game and both teams being ranked and 5 yrs ago both were bearly blips on the CF landscape supports my hypothesis.

• Content Count:  1,204

I believe USF and Cincinnatti both being ranked speaks volumes for what the BCS has done for our respective schools and to college football.  The BCS is great for the members but I'd have to classify it as "unfair" for the non-members.  I'm so happy USF is part of this "upper class" of FBS schools but its time to make all FBS schools part of the BCS.  In my opinion all FBS conferences MUST have access to one BCS bowl bid even the Sun Belt and CUSA.  In 5 yrs even those teams with the BCS $ will be competitive. I believe this game and both teams being ranked and 5 yrs ago both were bearly blips on the CF landscape supports my hypothesis.

No, adding too many more BCS schools will just thin the talent herd.  There's a lot out there but by limiting the upper echelon you keep that segment of the sport quite good.

The other non-BCS divisions do have access to one BCS bid if they do very well already.  They've been included and I think the rules as they are are pretty good.  I think an argument could be made to add one more BCS bowl game.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I disagree with you 100%

Lets keep our BCS advantage as long as we can.  lets win a few BE titles.  Go to and win some BCS bowl games.  And start/stop a number of seasons top 25.  Heck, lets play in an NC game and then win one.

Then they can open up BCS a bit.

• Content Count:  3,749

The BCS system is fine, they just need to remove the **** coaches poll. Thing is so bloody biased it's not even funny. Every team from outside the BCS leagues can make a game if they are in the top 12 in final BCS rankings.

• Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

I believe the BCS needs a plus 1 system. Get for top teams to have a chance to play for the national title. That would be a start at seeing what  playoff system can do.  And you can still keep those big bowl games as you want have that many teams in the playoff system.

• Content Count:  4,451

None of you would be saying the system is adequate if USF was still in CUSA.

• Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

But were not.

• Content Count:  3,749

I didn't care about the BCS then because we weren't in it. In CUSA we were an adequate mid-major, and mid-majors don't get invited to the big dance, that how it should be.

• Content Count:  12,472
  • Days Won:  25

THIS IS MY OPINION.

It's all about $$$$$$$$$$$.

If you got it, you feel like you're entitled to it. MAYbe you worked for it, maybe not. Doesn't matter.

To be consistently competitive you gotta have cash.

If a school's not in the BCS they start at a disadvantage with very little prospects of improving.

I know there are exceptions - on both sides.

Archived