• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Auman - We want RayJay Update Pics of New Field with New USF Paint

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

why not blame the TSA?  How about not scheduling a turf-destroying concert during the middle of their two main tennant's season?!?  These are the same a-holes to blame for the ACC championship game schedulig fiasco. 

Please.  Do you know how much money that event generated for TSA?  Remember that the first $2 million of non-Bucs events goes to the Glazers and that includes anything that comes from Bulls football (parking, concessions, etc).  So the U2 event likely saw over $500K in concessions revenue, another couple hundred thousand for parking on TSA land, and the rental fees for U2 renting out the stadium for five days to build up and break down their set.

So I'd guess TSA saw over $1.5M that they don't usually see and that will just give them more money into the public coffers at the end of the year.

And my guess is that without the new turf we don't get the full paint job on Thursday night but because it is fresh turf we get the U on the field.

I'd bet U2 paid a pretty penny to rent RayJay out.  Miami was unavailable due to the Canes playing on Saturday night in an out of conference game that was scheduled years ago so they needed some place to fit into their itinerary.  The Citrus Bowl stinks.  No one wants to go to Jacksonville.  And RayJay is the best stadium in the state if not the entire SE. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,890

Let's not blame anyone for this.  They rented the stadium out for a concert, the concert promoters have paid for new sod.  What, TSA should say no thanks to the 70K+ that came in because USF has a game with 50K+?  I'm more worried that we get heavy rains during the game and it turns into Heinz Field from a year or two ago.  No one's fault, but crap happens.

why not blame the TSA?  How about not scheduling a turf-destroying concert during the middle of their two main tennant's season?!?  These are the same a-holes to blame for the ACC championship game schedulig fiasco. 

If the Bucs had a game they would not have done this.  We don't rank and therefore we get the ramifications of them scheduling ACC championship, U2, and all the other garbage.   Thanks TSA may I have another.

Dont flip out Washington did the same thing with the Redskins and the Bucs game but didnt have enough time to resod.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Cashcow: very clever. Let me clarify-i will post pics of the field today when I get off work. Ill be at rayj at 930 am. :)

Thanks for nothin', Cashcow...  :(

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Please.  Do you know how much money that event generated for TSA?  Remember that the first $2 million of non-Bucs events goes to the Glazers and that includes anything that comes from Bulls football (parking, concessions, etc).  So the U2 event likely saw over $500K in concessions revenue, another couple hundred thousand for parking on TSA land, and the rental fees for U2 renting out the stadium for five days to build up and break down their set.

So I'd guess TSA saw over $1.5M that they don't usually see and that will just give them more money into the public coffers at the end of the year.

And my guess is that without the new turf we don't get the full paint job on Thursday night but because it is fresh turf we get the U on the field.

I'd bet U2 paid a pretty penny to rent RayJay out.  Miami was unavailable due to the Canes playing on Saturday night in an out of conference game that was scheduled years ago so they needed some place to fit into their itinerary.  The Citrus Bowl stinks.  No one wants to go to Jacksonville.  And RayJay is the best stadium in the state if not the entire SE.   

Not to mention economic impact to the area. TSA is a publicly owned operation right? How would it look if they turned down millions of dollars coming into the Tampa Bay area? If the field is bad, it's bad for both teams. Shouldn't factor into the game, I just hope there are no injuries due to conditions. Like others have said, it won't be that bad. Pitt 2 years ago had snow/rain for like 5 days, then a high school game in the rain, then a college game in the rain, then an NFL game in the rain. The HS game wasn't that bad, but by the time the Dolphins got there, the field was a complete mess. I think that is the game Grothe broke an 80 yard run though, so it must not have been too bad for the second game of the weekend...

• Content Count:  743

The Bears had U2 play a week before their home opener in soldier field. Sod wasn't laid until Tuesday or Wednesday before their home opener against the Steelers. Didn't make a bit of difference in the game.

• Content Count:  158

So I took a couple pics and the end zones say bulls and there is a big U in the center. Its being painted as I type this. The sod was placed & you can see the squares. Ill upload pics when I get home

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

some sod looks like crap until its watered. Ray Jay usually has the best grass in the NFL, along with Landshark.

They just did the resod for Landshark after their U2 concert. They can cut the U logo out and swap it with the Dolphins one, I wish they would do that at Ray Jay instead of the paint over.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If this sod thing costs us the game I will blame 3 turds...

1.) Bono

2.) TSA

3.) Glaziers

I would put Bono lower on the scale but nobody can call him #2...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNgsyRST3E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNgsyRST3E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGNgsyRST3E&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

The sod for Landshark after the U2 show was some special grass from Alabama, that cost $250,000.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=388&articleid=20091004_202_B11_hSoone961167

Archived