• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yo Sheriff...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

One year gruehls sent the Sheriff BarBQ sauce from Montgonery Inn.  We cooked up ribs and ate...I think that was 2005.  It was too long ago.

i had the pleasure of dining at the original Montgomery Inn location this past summer while visiting the wife's family.  If you are in Cincinnati, I highly recommend the visit.  Don't even bother with anything on the menu other than the full rack of ribs. 

I believe they also had a couple of fine tasting microbrews available.  mmmmm

• Content Count:  58

howdy to one and all.

first things first. UC by 8, and i'll be back for punishment if we lose.

should any of you make it up this way, by all means try montgomery inn, graeters, skyline, little kings and such.

the sheriff has developed a taste for one or more of those items.

as for the game, what USF has done on the gridiron is amazing. to do so much in such a short period of time is unrivaled.

UC has been a long time dormant (note: not doormat). USF wasted no time.

should be a whale of a game come thursday.

i remember mixing it up on this board when Seth was the b-ball coach and the football folks had less than luxurious accommodations in a trailer. my, how things have changed.

anywho, the very best luck to our BigEast brethren in all things not involving the Bearcats.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Welcome back gruehls!! Your Bearcats have had their way with our Bulls during the past three years, so I am hoping this year is different.  For those that dont remember or know gruehls, he has been posting on these boards for a while now. I believe he goes back to the old C-USA killerfrogs board.  If you get the chance, visit the BIG EAST board that he helps monitor as it is a great site for all BIG EAST fans. gruehls has stuck up for USF when those UCF fans started with their bad mouthing of USF. Thanks again goes out to gruehls for putting those UCF fans in their place!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

don't forget the little kings to wash it down and the graeter's ice cream to follow it up.

yum!

We try to have a theme with tailgating from the city we are playing. Graeter's wants $90 for 6 PINTS of ice cream shipped here.  Think we'll pass on that.  Did visit a Graeter's in L'ville last year.  Very good ice cream.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Long day at work kept me off the message board. For those that don't know, Gruehls is one heck've an individual. When I went to school at Wittenberg for that lonely cold semester and was dating the school nurse in 2002, he got us tickets to the Cinci-OSU game and also made sure I had some flow to enjoy Oktoberfest with her.

Gruehls and I met originally after some message board banter during the GreenbergOpolis days in 2001. Vicki Mitchell and the USF foundation hooked a group of us tenters up with flights for the CUSA tourney. Gruehls brought us bagels and OJ to the hotel one morning out of his own goodwill... I'm not sure about the other guys, but I was hung over like a champ that morning (a good portion of the group that got flown up to the 'Nati were some serious drinkers in college).

This past year, he called me out of the blue and sent four slabs of ribs from the Montgomery Inn to my parents house in Manassas, VA. I was flying back for the Washington Nationals home opener, and he wanted me to do the tailgate with my dad in style.

I believe I'm down big time (actually, I know I'm down big time) in the actual payouts to Gruehls for all the losses USF has accumulated over the last three years to the 'Nati. I'm suppose to send something from Arizona that we're known for, but the only thing that comes to mind are tacos, burritos, and illegal aliens (he can get that in Cinci on a random street corner). Every year though, he comes back with the same bet on the table (maybe he enjoys my personal misery). I offered my tickets in the endzone for him and his immediate family for this year's game since I can't make it - and he didn't take me up on it.

Once again though... I'm taking the rib bet. I feel a lot more confident this year than the last season.

A little history on our token Cinci fan... Gruehls played football at Northwestern back in the late 70's. He finished law school at Vandy in the early 80's. When I last visited him in 2002, his office window was overlooking 3/4 of the field for where the Reds play. I had never seen views of a stadium like he had... it was pretty awesome to say the least and to think he got to watch Ken Griffey Jr. daily while he was working. He's a great guy that loves his Bearcats!

• Content Count:  2,052

Gruehls, good to see you back! Yes this will be THE game I think. Two teams pretty evenly matched. Pike is the real deal and we need to get at him, early and many times to succeed. Good luck to your team and don't feel too bad when you feel the heat so to speak here in Florida.

PS. NU? Man, Evanston at its best. Great school but dry as a bone if you remember. I am originally from St.Charles if you remember where that was in the burbs. Well my friend, have another Hudie on me when USF gets you this year.  ;D Also, does UC have a vendetta game against WVA in BBall since Huggy is now coach?    Reaper

• Content Count:  58

Gruehls, good to see you back! Yes this will be THE game I think. Two teams pretty evenly matched. Pike is the real deal and we need to get at him, early and many times to succeed. Good luck to your team and don't feel too bad when you feel the heat so to speak here in Florida.

PS. NU? Man, Evanston at its best. Great school but dry as a bone if you remember. I am originally from St.Charles if you remember where that was in the burbs. Well my friend, have another Hudie on me when USF gets you this year.  ;D Also, does UC have a vendetta game against WVA in BBall since Huggy is now coach?     Reaper

hello bull daly. those UCF fans are a lot quieter these days. maybe 'cuz you folks beat the snot out of that other florida team and laid claim to Big 3 or 4 status. up here, the ohio state folks are pitching a fit because the bearcats are ranked #8 in the AP poll, and the buckeyes are #9.

terry, you must have been hung over indeed. those weren't bagels; they were several dozen of graeter's finest donuts and pastries. as an aside, that was when you learned how to pronounce "gruehls."

reaper, there's no forgetting evanston's "dry" status. but liquor stores opened just outside the city limits and delivered, so thirst was not an issue. a bit of trivia: the Women's Christian Temperance Union was founded in Evanston, and maintains their headquarters there still. oh yeah, they are brewing Hudepohl again after a long absence

be well Bull fans. here's to a great game and a burgeoning gridiron rivalry!

Archived