• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big 4 Billboard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  0

There's a point that a lot of people are missing.

They're not the BIG 3 just because of their football success, but their OVERALL sport success.

FSU has 2 football championships, numerous conference championships, multiple track & field championships, etc, one of the best baseball programs (even though they choke in the world series every other year)

UF has 3 football championships, a baseball championship, back to back basketball championshps, etc

UM has tons of trophies between baseball & football (don't really follow their other accomplishments)

So until USF as a whole becomes as dominating, then they won't be in the big 3 (in the minds of those outside of USF). USF is on the right track though, soccer is becoming a powerhouse, baseball is going to get MUCH better this year, and everything else is on the rise.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  246

Bunch of women crying about a billboard, are you UCF fans? The only way that the program will continue to improve is with strong moves. UM, UF, and FSU did not get big by being meek.

• Content Count:  12,293

Bunch of women crying about a billboard, are you UCF fans? The only way that the program will continue to improve is with strong moves. UM, UF, and FSU did not get big by being meek.

for what its worth...they didnt get big by posting billboards saying they were big either.

if we take care of business on the field then billboard or no billboard we will get the respect.

• Content Count:  246

I'm sure that UM, UF, and FSU put up plenty of billboards in the 80's

• Content Count:  12,293

i'm sure they did.  USF has put up  billboards for years as well.

i dont think its about billboards.  people just think 1 one doesn't get us a seat at their table yet.

all im saying is...if we win our conference and go to a BCS game then we will get all the respect that those teams get.

if you talk to UF, FSU, or Miami fans (or other fans in the area of other nationally established programs) their biggest complaint about USF is that we carry some sort of sense of entitlement. 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

for what its worth...they didnt get big by posting billboards saying they were big either.

if we take care of business on the field then billboard or no billboard we will get the respect.

A big part of what made Miami was just these kind of actions.  I am a big fan of meek.  The billboard seems a bit arrogant and in poor taste to me, but that pretty much describes my opinion of the entire UM program.

Not my favorite billboard, but doesn't bother me much either.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

So before the gators won the national championship in 96 there was only a big two, FSU in 93 there was only a big one and Miami in 83 there was no Florida power?

Conference and national titles is what built the big 3, I didn't stutter in my original post. How big are you if you can't win your conference? 

I moved down here in the late 1980's and it was already known as the Big 3. Miami was the only program with a National Title at that time.

its a gamble, but our FSU game was one we needed to win eventually to safely start thinking about the next level of this program. we won. lets take some steps and see what happens.

i hope to hell we dont drop the ball though

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

There's a point that a lot of people are missing.

They're not the BIG 3 just because of their football success, but their OVERALL sport success.

I think that "point" is very debatable .... Any kind of documentation on that?

Archived