• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joe Tresey

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

If our defense CONTINUES to play at the level they did this past weekend, our AD BETTER open the purses and offer more CASH for these coaches. We need to keep them at USF.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

but we must seee how he chooses to defend his former team cincy. Will playing cinci be any different since he knows their offense? Will he know their tendencies? I sure hope so because if any game on our schedule scares us all its Cincy. They run the spread pretty darn well and it seems to give us fits.

they run the spread, but we have the speed and athleticism at all defensive positions to contain. we just need to tighten up on the tackle.

passing out of the shotgun is going to be tough with our defensive ends coming off the line like Usain Bolt.

News flash...We have always had enough speed to contain but we dont have enough corners skilled to cover their spread set up. They run just as fast or faster. They dump and go deep, they run screens, they are a nightmare. They design plays to avoid a simple 4 man rush and pike wont be afriad to run it.

Cinci beat us at home last time....?? and your worried abot at rutgers against a team that isnt anywhere near lasst year over a team in cincinatti thats in the top 10 with one of the best offense and defenses in the country. Hmmmm, priorities are mixed up.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

I think he is a genius and needs a raise.  Give that man more money.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Prediction

Tresey will be on the short list for a head coaching job before the season is over-- so let's enjoy this season with him commanding the defense.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I think he is a genius and needs a raise.  Give that man more money.

I think we should wait until conference play begins (and the Cincinnati game in particular) before we call the man a genius. USF had won big games in September before he got here.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I Love Coach Joe's passion!  I look for Coach Joe to have this defense fired up and ready to go for every game.  This defense will be the most feared in the BIG EAST and ACC!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

83. Yes, we have had winning teams before. Yes, we have had very good, maybe even great, defenses before. We have never had a defense that has brought the physicality (is that even a word) that this defense did on a HOT Saturday at noon. The FSU offense played scared because these guys were bringing it. I think that is a direct correlation to the mentality of their lead coach. Tresey has us playing a different kind of defense right now and I for one am a believer.

• Content Count:  849

and to think, he wasn't even leavitt's first choice for d-coordinator.. what the hell was he thinking?

Oh man, I had completely forgotten that whole co-defensive coordinator debacle. I'm sure glad Leavitt and Woolard ended up going with Tressey solo. It was a great, great hire. USF is lucky to have him.

Don't believe the "reporting" by Greg and Brett....he was the list....the other guys were brought in for leveraging

• Content Count:  10,219

Tressey may be gone in 1-2 yrs, but i hope the young coaches are learning from him

Archived