• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seminoles: "USF Fans were classy"

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome to hear! Definately want to build a reputation for being hospitable 'guests'

as some others have said the FSU fans I did see were classy...sure they have their bad apples too but overall nothing bad

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

For the most part, FSU fans were great.  We sat on teh 30 yd line, 6 rows up from the field.  People were nice.  Went to potbellies to party afterwards and ti was almost all FSU fans (mostly under 30 crowd).  I met some people who were as nice as could be.

Only one fan, a drunk girl in front of us.  Kept putting her finger in my face and talking crap the entire game.  Very, very obnoxious.  If it had been a guy doing that to me, I probably eventually would have punched him.  Seemed like it was after every play she would turn around adn talk smack right in our face.  When I say in our faces, I mean 6 inches from my face. 

When she wasn't talking crap, she was standing on the seat and dancing so we couldn't see the game.  Very annoying.  FSU fans around her kept apologizing on behalf of FSU for her behavior.  We just laughed it off....  I did give her a little **** but it was like arguing with a wall.  She couldn't make sense of anything so there was no opportunity to have a battle of the wits - she didn't have any wits to work with. 

• Content Count:  377

FSU fans were very classy and very nice.  There was some **** talking before the game but not he violent aggressive type.  Also, I really enjoyed STANDING THE WHOLE GAME.  I was in the USF section near the beef studs and there were a few older FSU fans in the row behind us (very nice) and they stood the whole game too without complaining.

I wish our fans wouldn't mind standing the whole game...especially in my section.  But I guess those plush club level padded seats are much more accommodating for the buttocks than metal bleachers.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

our fans were nice because no one drank DURING the game.

the reason we had nasty fans at rayjay is because the ******** like to drink til the end of the 3rd quarter and at the end they're still drunk and rude. (see: kansas)

i dont mind if they sell beer at rayjay, but maybe they should cut it off at halftime instead of the end of the 3rd quarter. that gives people at least 60-90 minutes to sober up a little.

fsu fans were great though. very welcoming for the most part.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

A story that will probably be repeated by many people who stayed Saturday in Tally was FSU fans at our hotel and at restaurants after the game that came up to our group and said congratulations and how well we played. This happened about 10-12 times at our hotel. At the restaurant a couple people congratulated us and we spoke about the game with a FSU fan for about 10 minutes while waiting.

• Content Count:  1,142

We had a good time and for the most part the fans we ran into were very nice.  We had one run in with a drunk kid on Friday night, but he was kinda funny cuz he kept calling himself a "Criminole"!!!  The manager of the restaurant told him to behave or get out.

We also had one obnoxious idiot yelling at us (Jim can vouch for this one) "Go Longhorns!  Yay Texas!"  We just laughe dhim off too.

Sunday, the fans we ran into were all offering congratulations and telling us we did great and deserve the win!!!  No backhanded compliments like "It was an off day for us", either.

• Content Count:  266

It helped that FSU people handled themselves appropriately all day.  I saw NO trash talk from either side...a lot of USF and FSU co-tailgating.  They handled the loss with class....nice to see that from an in-state team.

I heard a couple people almost start with "nah....nah....nah....naaaaaaaahhh...hey-hey-hey.." Until I shouted at them to shut the f-up.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

A story that will probably be repeated by many people who stayed Saturday in Tally was FSU fans at our hotel and at restaurants after the game that came up to our group and said congratulations and how well we played. This happened about 10-12 times at our hotel. At the restaurant a couple people congratulated us and we spoke about the game with a FSU fan for about 10 minutes while waiting.

agreed.  We had lots of FSU fans we saw at the bar at dinner, etc.  All were nice and cordial.  Most congratulated us on a good win. 

• Content Count:  266

Good show guys. ESPNU didn't have the game mic'ed up real well but you were definitely heard.

This is another reason why I think that when fans who visit USF say our fans are mean and nasty, it's not the real fans or the alums. It's the scummy hangers-on who didn't go to USF and couldn't care less... they just want to show up and drink and fight.

When I drive down the street there are jerks, there are jerks at the mall, there are jerks at restaurants...It's gonna happen. Agreed, you can't lump it all together..It makes absolutely no sense....

Archived