• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Schwartz good from 37!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  498
  • Days Won:  0

We need Alvarado at kickoff IMO (and punting duties).

I'm with you, swap duties with Shwartz.  Alvarado has a leg, but he has no accuracy on FG's.

I think I read that one of schwartz's few KOs went into the endzone unlike alvarado.

Delbert had 2-3 in the endzone vs WKU last week. He really impressed me on KO last week, I was shocked that CJL took him out of that role. May be back, sounds like CJL wasn't convinced Schwartz was ready for game pressure and may have just been using that to get him on the field early.

This is from greg auman's article: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/south-florida-bulls-walk-on-replaces-senior-kicker-delbert-alvarado/1037717

"Schwartz's third kickoff went into the end zone for a touchback, something Alvarado did just once in 11 kicks in the first two games."

Maybe greg messed up or has some qualifying distance into the endzone?

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Leavitt said earlier this week that he was pulling Alvarado from KO duties to lighten his load. If Schwartz gets the nod at PK i'd fully expect Alvarado to be back on KOs.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

We need Alvarado at kickoff IMO (and punting duties).

I'm with you, swap duties with Shwartz.  Alvarado has a leg, but he has no accuracy on FG's.

I think I read that one of schwartz's few KOs went into the endzone unlike alvarado.

Delbert had 2-3 in the endzone vs WKU last week. He really impressed me on KO last week, I was shocked that CJL took him out of that role. May be back, sounds like CJL wasn't convinced Schwartz was ready for game pressure and may have just been using that to get him on the field early.

This is from greg auman's article: http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/south-florida-bulls-walk-on-replaces-senior-kicker-delbert-alvarado/1037717

"Schwartz's third kickoff went into the end zone for a touchback, something Alvarado did just once in 11 kicks in the first two games."

Maybe greg messed up or has some qualifying distance into the endzone?

I think WKU was bringing them out of the endzone, so they weren't touchbacks, hence the stat. I could be wrong, but I thought delbert was booming them in that game. The one Schwartz kicked could have been caught just inside the goal line and returned easily if the returner had any talent. He was back peddling the whole way and jumped up like he had never fielded a kickoff before as the ball went over his head.

I am not sold on either for kickoffs. Teachey was money. Delbert kicked one OB last year against Pitt that cost us dearly. Schwartz (his name is hard to type for me) kicked one OB last night and if CSU wanted to let another one fall, he probably would have kicked 2 OB. Not sure that there is a big difference, I just thought Delbert looked good against WKU on kickoffs.

Archived