• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is Pitt?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

Is Pitt the team that barely won over Furman and Ohio, or is it the team that today silenced the Irish in Notre Dame?

Whichever one they are, I think we have our hands more full than we were expecting come December. In fact, we were hurt bad by not getting to play them when the game was originally scheduled.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

they have really come on strong as the season has progressed, im wishful that we can win the next two games and our bowl eligibility will not rest on that game

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  61

a game we can win

Judging from Pittsburgh's performance against Notre Dame, one might surmise that the Pitt Panthers are favored against South Florida. South Florida should have played Pittsburgh at the outset of the season had the hurricanes not altered the course of the schedule.

Now, South Florida must face a very formidable foe in the form of the Pittsburgh Panthers. Army and Tennessee Tech are no comparison to the University of Pittsburgh, Bulls fans.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

Actually, I am really glad USF did not play Pitt in the beginning of the season because USF was playing pretty bad too. USF barely could beat Tenn Tech, so I doubt we could have beat a bad Pitt team at the time. Right now, I think USF is alot better than the team that played ARMY, SoMiss, SCarolina, and Tenn Tech. I think the young team is starting to learn how to play well.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Pitt will.... oh, hell, you guys know

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

It will be a good test of who wants it more. If we go in on a roll, we may have the momentum on our side. Plus it will be a BIG turnout if we win the next 2.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

home field will be a key in last 2 games if we beat cincy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

IMO we manhandled TTU despite the score. At no point was I concerned that we could lose that game. Bear in mind also that Julmiste was taken out early in that game with an injury.

That said, Pitt is going to be a very tough game for us as they have got their team playing very well. They can be beat as long as we continue to have our guys improve each week. But as I have said-- we need to focus on the next opponent, our game plan, and our fundamentals. It is entirely possible that we could win at Cinci and aginast Memphis and head into the Pitt game with a nice head of steam, confidence, and see young players who have settled into their roles. It is very strange to see how this situation has flip-flopped on us from first game to last game of the regular season. If we lose either one of the next two-- Pitt IS our bowl game, for lack of a better chance.