• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun Bowl Gone per Brett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I agree with Jim, what do we really expect. When I saw Brett's original article that said it was between us or the ACC for the Sun Bowl, I was thinking, that is not good. That said, from a prestige standpoint the Sun is a nice historical bowl sure, but if we were to pick up the Emerald, then it might not be so bad. I would like to be able to play a Pac-10 team once in a while. You figure the ACC is not going to keep 10 bowl tie in's so who would they give up. Right now the ACC has their selections as follows:

Orange Bowl #1 vs at large

Chick Fil A #2 vs SEC

Gator #3 vs Big Eat (soon to be Big 10)

Champs #4 vs Big 10 (soon to be Big East)

Music City #5 vs SEC

Car Care #6 vs Big East

Emerald #7 vs Pac 10

Eagle Bank #8 vs C-USA

GMAC #9 vs MAC

just hope we don't pick up another game against C-USA or MAC. I would much rather fly out to San Francisco than El Paso so I am hoping for the Emerald. We will see. If we stand pat then we just traded the Gator for the Champs.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He gate bowl is jumping to over 3 per team so you have to consider that

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I think we need a full court press on the Music City Bowl. The ACC is going to be offering their #6 team and we can offer them our #3. Plus it is against the SEC and is a geographical fit for all traveling within our Conference. If we can land the Music City and drop the International I still think that we end up in a much stronger position in this next bowl cycle. 1 BCS, 2 ACC, 2 SEC, and one CUSA, not too bad if you ask me.

1. BCS

2. Champs - vs. ACC

3. Music City - vs. SEC

4. Meineke - vs. ACC

5. Papajohns - vs. SEC

6. St. Pete - vs. CUSA

• Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

I think we need a full court press on the Music city Bowl. The ACC is going to be offering their #6 team and we can offer them our #3. Plus it is against the ACC and is a geographical fit for all traveling within our Conference. If we can land the Music City and drop the International I still think that we end up in a much stronger position in this next bowl cycle. 1 BCS, 2 ACC, 2 SEC, and one CUSA, not too bad if you ask me.

1. BCS

2. Champs - vs. ACC

3. Music City - vs. SEC

4. Meineke - vs. ACC

5. Papajohns - vs. SEC

6. St. Pete - vs. CUSA

I'd be happy with this lineup

• Content Count:  1,757

A pick up of either the emerald or the Music City would help. Music City had vanderbilt in it last year and Kentucky the year before that. At least it is BCS opponent. Hopefully the new Big East commish can do some good here.

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Good Riddance, El Paso Sucked!  Saw a guy get suckered punch in the concourse and the cops didn't do a darn thing.  A fight almost broke out in one of the bathrooms between a cowboy fan and a redskins fan.  A crazy place.

PapaJohns.com gets the #9 selection from the SEC... and since the SEC almost always gets 2 BCS slots, that really means the #10 team from the SEC... the SEC has only had 10 teams at 6-6 or better a few times in their history.

Chances are the PapaJohns slot will be an "at large" selection -- which could mean a MAC or C-USA or Sun Belt team. (It was almost Arkansas State last year...)

• Content Count:  3,103

I think we need a full court press on the Music City Bowl. The ACC is going to be offering their #6 team and we can offer them our #3. Plus it is against the SEC and is a geographical fit for all traveling within our Conference. If we can land the Music City and drop the International I still think that we end up in a much stronger position in this next bowl cycle. 1 BCS, 2 ACC, 2 SEC, and one CUSA, not too bad if you ask me.

1. BCS

2. Champs - vs. ACC

3. Music City - vs. SEC

4. Meineke - vs. ACC

5. Papajohns - vs. SEC

6. St. Pete - vs. CUSA

good line-up, but would love to have a game versus the Big Ten, or some other conference the the SEC, ACC and C-USA

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,068
  • Days Won:  469

El Paso was a dump, but closer to mi casa. 

Good riddance though, I'm still scarred from our first visit there.

• Content Count:  12,293

we just need to win the big east every year until we get some better bowls.

problem solved.

Archived