• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa-The Football Capital of Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

Riding down Dale Mabry, I got the impression the Yankees were Tampa's team  ;D.

• Content Count:  5,241

Riding down Dale Mabry, I got the impression the Yankees were Tampa's team  ;D.

;D

They are since so many Yankees live here. Rays share it.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

miami

but tampa is a great place but this highlights leavitt's failures to build usf into a big east power

• Content Count:  2,511

I was trying to point out that the City of Miami, from its leaders to its electorate, no longer support the game the way they once did decades ago.  Hence there is no longer any college football, NFL football, or major bowl games being played in the city.  In contrast, Tampa does support all of these things with a first-class football venue in its city limits.

Miami is smarter than Tampa because they did not pay to build the football stadium formerly known as Joe Robbie Stadium.  Joe Robbie paid for the stadium himself, which is rare since now almost all owners expect the local government to pay for a stadium.  Joe Robbie built it outside of the city limits because of several reasons:

• The property was super cheap at the time.  Much cheaper than putting Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami
  • Joe Robbie wanted to attract my Broward County and Palm Beach County fans by moving north of the Orange Bowl.  The Broward and Palm Beach fans were the growing part of the Dolphins fan base in the 80's when he built that stadium.

Miami and Dade county are so huge that the area is known as Miami/Dade.  It is considered one region.

Back here in Tampa we continue to pay for RJS while at the same time the Glazers still try to reach into our back pockets with their greedy hands.  At some point the area needs to learn how to slap the Glazer's hands and tell them to pay for stuff themselves.

What is remarkable is that Joe Robbie Stadium is much older than RJS, but it is still a state of the art stadium, and Miami will continue to host Super Bowls at the rate or 2 to 1 when compared to Tampa.

• Content Count:  1,370

Considering pro, college, and high school....Miami, no question.

• Content Count:  1,985

I guess you're equating Miami with Miami Gardens . . . I wasn't.

why not? its still miami.

heck, you were including the dolphins and miami gardens is closer to "miami" then joe robbie stadium or pro player or landshark or whatever it is

but i think you have to go with miami.

although tampa did have a pretty good AFL team

AND  USFL Bandits......

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Miami easily...

Tampa is the hockey capital of Florida...

Archived