• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rejected by Penn State, signing with RU?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

So to summarize this, I guess if you are a top notch athlete, the grades really should not matter, as long as you can play.  That the University should not worry about grades until the athlete gets in and then you make the coach responsible to teach a kid to read.  Or like FSU, you get tutors that happen to be the people who write the exams. 

Why not just dissociate the football programs from the schools then?  Pay the players a stipend for four years of semi-pro ball and take their scholarship dollars back into the academic pool so that real students can get an education?

I guess then, the players can concentrate on why they are really there.  Hope that they can be good enough to make it to the pros or realize they now have to go back to college, where they cannot get admitted, and can 't afford in many cases, in order to make a living.  After all, the AFL shot down today, that takes more playing oppportunity away.

So many times we hear that these scholarships are these kids opportunity, yet, if they cannot study at the high school level and make the grade there, what hope do they have at the college level. 

I would rather USF be considered a school with high pass rates and smart students, this increases my diplomas worth, than be a BCS champion that is looked at as a cheating school when the grade shaving comes out.  Didn't we get close enough to that with Moffitt?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived