• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jr Bulls Club

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Haven't seen email come through on this so in case anyone was wondering about the JBC for this year:

http://www.gousfbulls.com//pdf4/627538.pdf

Sorry to see Outback not back as sponsor ... Maybe they're saving their resources for the naming rights to the OCS.  8)

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

Ah yes - the good ol' days.  I remember signing our kids up each year for this when it first came out.  It was a really great deal when it first came out - free admission to ALL the football games and I think ALL the basketball games.  The t-shirt and free kids meal at Outback alone was worth the cost.  In fact wearing the shirt into one of the games earned my 6-year-old daughter the right to be on the field for the coin toss (of course I got to tag along as well and watch from the sideline).  Also back then it didn't matter where the Jr Bulls club section was because there were so many empty seats in the lower bowl we all sat together anyway.

I can understand why they moved the section to the upper level now and why they limited the games, but I think it's still a really good deal.

At least it served its purpose when it came to my family because my kids became addicted and now that they're too old to be Jr Bulls members we have increased our season tickets to 8 so they can come with friends.

• Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

It's a shame about Outback sorta...the new sponsor Nesquick is more appropriate for kids and it is the official sponsor of the weight room.  Emma even got a chocolate milk the other day when we were there visiting!

• Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

Jr Bulls was great back in the day. My wife and I were both students and our son got in for next to nothing. We all bleed green and gold now even though my wife finished up her degree from FSU and our kids face Seminole propaganda at school every day. I doubt we would have become season ticket holders if we didn't have such great experiences at the games back when we were broke.

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Made me buy two more season tickets. Back then my daughter would always bring a friend with her. Then when she became to old for Jr.'s she still wanted to bring a friend.

Now she has her own seats! And my sister-in-law sits with us.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

All three of my kids have been Jr Bulls club members over the years.  My 8 yo will be again this year.  For no other reason than the free tix and she likes getting the shirts.

BTW, I could be wrong but I suspect the reason Outback isn't doing it is probalby more related to financial issues.  Based on business journal articles etc, it seems like they have been hit financially hard during the recession and I have been told by ex employees that they have had layoffs dating back 18 months.  Personally, I have had less than stellar experiences at their restaurants shorting portion size on orders and what seems to have become very expensive meals via price increases.  I don't think that will help their cause as others will probaby do what I did and stop eating there.  We used to go to outback once a month, we stopped going 7 months ago after I feel we got ripped off (btw, I called the manager to complain but all she offered to do was double check our next take out order).  We had been spending on average approx $50 to 60 per trip for my family.  It is a shame because for a decade they were my favorite restaurant.  I'll admit I still go to bonefish and have not noticed any changes there.  Either way, I do hope they turn it around. 

• Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Exactly what I did. Only problem is that kids grow up! We didn't think to buy more seats when we could get them with us. Then seat deposits went way up from where we were.

We had to basically open a whole new account for her seats.

Deposit and all!

Helps with the point system, so I guess we're good.

Archived