• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey CANES are you enjoying the ACC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Dear Cane Fans-  

What's up?   How are you enjoying the view from the middle of the pack?  Well here at USF we are liking your view... You see, you once were the Big Dogs of the Big East and now your just another part of the ACC litter...  Yes the ACC is stronger than the Big East, however we will be a Top Dog there before your atop the ACC... If you haven't noticed we are taking 3 of the top 6 C-usa teams with us and we WILL NOT lose the BCS  tag. Yes I envy the teams that you play and the ACC schedule, but I also envy our route to a BCS invite and it will prove to be an easier task than yours...   So enjoy your slice of humble pie this week and Oh by the way I think the Clemson loss cost the ACC about 14 million because you will only have 1 rep. at the BCS bowls this year... Oh and ACC when you divide your check split it 11 ways rather than 9 this year!   Our BCS check will be split by less which means more!!!   Hey BC do you want to change your mind?   BC will be in the bottom four of the new ACC!   I just love people who think the grass may be greener on the other side!    T-Man "BIGEASTWILLRISEAGAIN"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

If the Canes didnt go to the ACC we would still be in the CUSA..... I wouldn't talk **** about a Miami team that has history far beyond what we have

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

Remind me what our problem with Miami is?? flsportsfan is partially right when he said we wouldn't be in the Big East if it wasn't for Miami, but it's more because of BC, another team you bashed. Tasteless ripping on Miami when uncalled for; rip on the Gayturds or Gnats. When we can BEAT Miami, then Maybe talk trash.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

I rip Cane fans just as I rip FSU, UF, UCF, and any other Major college in FLA. Why is it ok to rip UF and not FSU or Miami?   Hell 95% of the Cane fans that talk smack never even attended that university... I am a BUll and when someone moves out of a CONFERENCE that I am now in that NO ONE respects I will talk the smack.... What would you guys have me do? Send them flowers and a thank you note?  If you want to be part of the Big four in Fla you do not kiss the other three powers butt, you pump up your university and dispell the misgivings  that others had about your new home.... My new home (conf.) needs to look better than anyone's because recruits linger everywhere!  T-Man

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  446

Let's not forget it's Miami and ALL of their national championships that have made the Big East a good move for us.  Without UM's history, the Big East would be just like CUSA.

Also - the reason 95% of us Cane fans didn't go to Miami is because 100% couldn't afford it AND couldn't get accepted.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  127

t-Man, talk all you want......that's what boards are for.  Miami is fair game, just as UF, FSU, and Orlando Tech are.  We're fair game on other boards.........let's not start to be pansies around here.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

As much as I like seeing the Canes and Noles lose, it just galls me to see this formless glob of mediocrity known as "ACC football" declared the best in the country just because one of them actually beat a Florida team.

Guest HowieP1
As much as I like seeing the Canes and Noles lose, it just galls me to see this formless glob of mediocrity known as "ACC football" declared the best in the country just because one of them actually beat a Florida team.

The funniest thing is that the ACC is really struggling to maintain a Top 12 average over the past three years, and some of their fans are wondering if THEY will lose their BCS bid!  ;D

Guest HowieP1

Here is one analysis from a WVU poster:

Mountie-N-Cinci

user profile

Post #377 The BCS and what the ACC must do to stay there...(link) Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The running BCS total for a four-year period cannot exceed 48 or that conference ‘may’ come under review for it’s continued inclusion within the BCS structure. The 48 points are determined by the need to maintain a top 12 BCS ranking average over a four period as the minimum ranking needed to maintain status. (12 + 12 + 12 + 12 = 48)

If a conference had a ranking of 11 + 3 + 7 = 21, then in the fourth year it could have a ranking as low as 27 without triggering a review. (48 – 21 = 27)

This is the problem the ACC is facing since they have a high four-year average leaving little room for error this year, 2004.

In 2001 Maryland was the ACC representative in the BCS and had a final season ranking of #10 on December 6th 2001.

In 2002 Florida State was the ACC representative in the BCS and had a final season ranking of #14 on December 7th 2002.

In 2003Florida State was the ACC representative in the BCS and had a final season ranking of 7th on December 6th 2003.

(48 – 10 – 14 – 7 = 17)

The 2004 ACC representative must be ranked no worse then 17th in the final BCS ranking issued on December 6th of this year.

A review of the Big East over the same period shows the following figures:

2001 – Miami BCS ranked #4

2002 – Miami BCS ranked #2

2003 – Miami BCS ranked #2

The Big East representative for 2004 could be ranked at #40 and still not trigger the review. Assuming the WVU finishes the business at hand and ranks somewhere near 10 for 2004, then in 2005 the Big East can rank as low as 34 and not trigger a review.

http://westvirginia.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=33&tid=42337577&sid=&style=2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

That's all nice and technical but there is no way the ACC would lose their BCS bid now that FSU and Miami are there, no matter where the top team finishes this year.