• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JCO LB Curtis Weatherspoon verbals to USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

And he signed today!

Yep.

Weatherspoon signs with USF

Alan Dell

USFBullsEYE.com

Curtis Weatherspoon, a highly touted defensive back from Dean Junior College (Ma) who committed to USF last summer, made it official when he signed with the University of South Florida on Wednesday.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

It mentions DB ?

Ae we planning on using him at Safety ?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I asked about about that in Greg's chat just now:

12:29  [Comment From MB: ]

Rivals reported yesterday that Curtis Weatherspoon SIGNED with USF, but I haven't seen it reported on the official USF site. Can you confirm that he has already signed? FYI, Curtis was named JUCO All-American for the second time. Thanks. Thursday December 17, 2009 12:29 MB

12:30 Haven't heard that, but I believe the signing period for junior college players joining at midseason is this week, and Weatherspoon has been firmly committed. He had a great season at Dean College -- I think he could compete for the outside linebacker or nickel jobs next fall. Small, but a great tackler and blitzer. Thursday December 17, 2009 12:30 

12:33 How's this for a fast response: Just called Weatherspoon, and he did sign yesterday. Comes to Tampa for orientation and starts classes Jan. 11. He was in town for his official visit last week. He puts himself at 6 feet, 1 1/2 inches and 205 pounds. Good kid who's been very eager to get to USF throughout this process -- he's a Valdosta product, just like Ced Hill and Carlton Williams.

Chat transcript: 

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/live-chat-talk-usf-with-greg-auman-now.html

Archived