• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU Game Rumor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Is "Freaking Gold" anything like "canary yellow" or "carolina blue"?  What shade of gold is that exactly?

smile15.gif

;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985

WE ARE GREEN AND GOLD. NOT GREEN AND WHITE, GREEN AND GREEN, OR GREEN AND BLACK.   ITS GREEN AND FREAKING GOLD

Totally Agree....

• Content Count:  329

WE ARE GREEN AND GOLD. NOT GREEN AND WHITE, GREEN AND GREEN, OR GREEN AND BLACK.   ITS GREEN AND FREAKING GOLD

haha that is funny.....gosh those caps are scary.....white or black is in almost all schools uniforms somewhere broshark

::) I'm not talking about secondary colors its about Primary

you must REALLY hate our home basketball jerseys huh?

::)

Why yes I do they look like $h*t lets hope UA fixes the problems

They look MUCH better.

• Content Count:  2,363

Is "Freaking Gold" anything like "canary yellow" or "carolina blue"?  What shade of gold is that exactly?

I think Freaking Gold is the color of our helmets. I'd prefer just gold, if that's the case.

• Content Count:  1,985

I think Freaking Gold is the color of our helmets. I'd prefer just gold, if that's the case.

I like the Freaking Gold helmets.  they are unique.  What do you want the Pale Gold of UCiF?

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

That would be interesting.  It would require USF's approval - like we did for WVU - since the away team typically wears white.  There really isn't a reason NOT to say yes... and we get some kudos from them for doing so.

I'm all for a GREEN OUT at the Doak.  Maybe we could get GREEN helmets??

I don't think this requires USF approval before the season starts.  I believe the Home team can where whatever jerseys they desire as long as their opponent is informed prior to the start of the season.  In season, it would require USF's approval.  Ex:  LSU wears white for most games and purple for one or two night games during the year.

No, the away team has to approve.

Actually, I was just being nice by saying "I think."  I know the team doesn't have to approve.  All FSU has to do is inform USF before the season that it will be wearing white for its Home game with us, then we will need to wear dark color unis.

If you read the NCAA rules on the matter they state that both teams have to be in agreement.

It's an NCAA guideline, not a rule.  They would prefer both teams be in agreement but the home team would take precedence.  Otherwise, the away team would lose timeouts.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

So what color should rocky be, since he's grey and that's not one of our colors?

I know, now I'm just being a smart a**.

• Content Count:  6,928

What do you think about this:

south-fl-cncpt.gif

It's an NCAA guideline, not a rule.  They would prefer both teams be in agreement but the home team would take precedence.  Otherwise, the away team would lose timeouts.

No. It is a rule.

Rule 1.4.3a to be exact

RULE 1

The Game, Field,

Players and Equipment

SECTION 4. Players and Playing Equipment

Contrasting Colors

ARTICLE 3. a. Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visiting team shall wear white jerseys. White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season. Players of a team shall wear jerseys of the same color and design.

b. A white jersey is one with only contrasting playing numbers, player’s name, school name, NCAA Football logo, school insignia, conference insignia, mascot insignia, game insignia, memorial insignia or the American flag attached. An insignia must not exceed 16 square inches in area (i.e., rectangle, square, parallelogram), including any additional material (e.g., patch). Stripes may be placed on the sleeves. A border not more than 1 inch wide around the collar and cuffs is permissible, as is a maximum 4-inch stripe along the side seam (insert from the underarm to pants top).

c. If a colored jersey contains white, it may appear only as a number, border of a number, player’s name, school name, stripes on the sleeves, a border not more than 1 inch wide around the collar and cuffs, a maximum 4-inch stripe along the side seam (insert from the underarm to pants top), or as part of a legal insignia (Rule 1-4-3-B).

LINK TO PDF OF NCAA RULES

• Content Count:  7,890

WE ARE GREEN AND GOLD. NOT GREEN AND WHITE, GREEN AND GREEN, OR GREEN AND BLACK.   ITS GREEN AND FREAKING GOLD

haha that is funny.....gosh those caps are scary.....white or black is in almost all schools uniforms somewhere broshark

::) I'm not talking about secondary colors its about Primary

you must REALLY hate our home basketball jerseys huh?

::)

Why yes I do they look like $h*t lets hope UA fixes the problems

They look MUCH better.

dont hold back give us pics

Archived