• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Our Shirt" 2009 | OUR SHIRTS ARE IN!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

Awesome... words to the fight song -- maybe the fans start singing them this year.

This should probably be it's own thread, but I think we need to make sure that our students and alums stick around to sing the Alma Mater after the game.  Having the football team come over and sing it in front of the band, win or lose, would be something that would help.

I love that idea.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985

I don't think they can come out with the shirts until we decide what our school colors are, since there are some who beleive we are Green and White, not Green and Gold.........

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I don't think they can come out with the shirts until we decide what our school colors are, since there are some who beleive we are Green and White, not Green and Gold.........

Are you saying this because of the white helmets?

Apparently our colors are also Black and Gold... based on the helmets we have.

• Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

A lot of college teams have white helmets even though white is not one of their official colors.  There's also a handfull of NFL teams like that as well, including the old Bucs uni's.

It's kind of like white pants. 

To be honest, I would rather have white helmets with a green U than Gold helmets with a black U.  When people see a black U they think black in an official color.  I don't think people do that with white helmets.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I just love the fact that the "what color should our helmets be" so randomly pops up in threads and without any influence from Shoop...as for the shirts hope they come out soon (inn the mean time I need to dig out the last two year's shirts)

• Content Count:  2,363

I just love the fact that the "what color should our helmets be" so randomly pops up in threads and without any influence from Shoop...as for the shirts hope they come out soon (inn the mean time I need to dig out the last two year's shirts)

That doesn't mean someone won't be around shortly to call Shoop queer for a convo he didn't even start, though...  ::)

• Content Count:  1,985

Are you saying this because of the white helmets?

Yes....

The U is black for TV... If it is Green on the Gold it does not show well for the camera.  The black is an accent color in the uniforms so it goes.  White Pants, White Jerseys are staples of uniform design.  You HAVE to have a white Jersey.. White Pants are just white pants, but the White Helmet just looks silly..  It looks like a practice helmet, or makes us look like a Pop Warner team. 

Sorry, I will not bring it up again, yes I will, but the gold helmet we have now is so easily recognized.  You watch any ESPN montage, or ad, or season recap and you can pick out the Bulls highlights easily..  Not so with white.  Leave it as it is...

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The last two years' shirts haven't fared very well. The green always seems to fade out after a few washes, but what do you expect from a $5 shirt? I can't wait to get this year's design.

... the gold helmet we have now is so easily recognized.  You watch any ESPN montage, or ad, or season recap and you can pick out the Bulls highlights easily.. 

I disagree here.  Many times I've seen a montage or ad for Colorado, Baylor, Wake Forest, and UAB - and mistaken them for USF.  Our new UA jersey's get really dark when the players sweat, almost appearing black...

The white is not any better from this regard, but the gold helmet is not "so easily recognized..."

In fact, there are actually a lot more teams with gold helmets than with white ones.

Archived