• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beat FSU shirts?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I know a lot of people that go to UF, and they all wear pins that say "Beat xxxx" but obviously the Gators are underdogs to virtually no one since they are the raining MNC winners. So in what way does wearing something that says "Beat xxxx" make us seem inferior? A lot of the SEC schools make those pins, so it isnt just UF either.

I just think they are hokey.  It implies, in most cases, that the team is inferior to the team they wish to beat.  I could see it in a rival situation (maybe a WVU) but certainly not FSU.  THen if we lose, the shirt will become a shirt for waxing the car or a rag to clean up grease. 

Maybe a cool U Miami shirt since we play them the next 5 years would be better.  That I might buy as it could become an instate rivalry of sorts for us.

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Just make one yourself... Bobby Bowden Retirement Party - Sept. 26th, 2009 on the front.

USF on the back.

This is good but it can prolly start a fight or two

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

I want to make up some that say....

FSU the school for Dyslexics...

or Cant go to college? go to FSU.

Or would love to make up one with the FSU helmet, but make the spear a slot machine handle.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I just think they are hokey.  It implies, in most cases, that the team is inferior to the team they wish to beat.  I could see it in a rival situation (maybe a WVU) but certainly not FSU.  THen if we lose, the shirt will become a shirt for waxing the car or a rag to clean up grease. 

Maybe a cool U Miami shirt since we play them the next 5 years would be better.  That I might buy as it could become an instate rivalry of sorts for us.

I think FSU is a worthy opponent for a "Beat FSU" shirt... we will play them again at home so a buyer will at least get 2+ uses out of it if the game goes south... also this is how the Big 3 rolls, all of them have "Beat" this or that tees in addition to buttons, and other cut down or insult tee shirts meant to belittle the fan base of one another.

My suggestions to the powers that be at the Bulls Heaven is to look at the ole Miami vs FSU tee's... Miami and UF had some really good insult tee's against FSU that had nothing unique to their match up.

I will agree that our match ups against Miami need more insult tees then the FSU series will... in any event I will buy one or two to wear around town and to keep as a souvenir.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

How about one that plays off their idiot assist coach's comment that says....

"Dope Campbell will never host a Super bowl!"

Archived