• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I watched the game and thought the same thing, the refs had just called him for a 15 yarder and right after that called the interference that cost us the int. I thought Royal was still mouthing off to the refs and JL was screaming at him to shut up.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  0

I hope you guys are right about that. That being said, it doesn't do anybody any good to keep mouthing off to the refs.  It is just going to make them throw the flag sooner next time.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He wasn't mouthing off at the refs.  CJL went out there and tried to talk to him before he got to the sideline and you could see Royal pushing Leavitt's hands away from him and just ignoring everything coach had to say.  Complete disrespect for CJL on that display.  Toss his punk butt off the team.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I would like to believe that we don't know the whole story on this one. I want to believe that CJL handled the situation correctly. It sure looked bad and I was not sure what the hell was going on. When Royal was allowed to play again after cooling off, I was thinking either he and Leavitt got it figured out (if it was between him and coach) OR he just needed to cool his jets after blowing up on the PF call. What I did notice is that when TR came back in, he was helping out quite a bit on defense. Maybe the situation got him fired up when he came back in that he played better-- not sure.

I'll trust that CJL knew what he was doing and knows far better than we do what was being said. I don't think Terrence was yelling at coach after reading these posts-- after looking at the tape, it seemed like Royals was yelling at the refs (still not a great idea or even how we want to act) and CJL happened to be in the line of fire. ESPN probably didn't bother to find out what was really going on since their sideline reporter was more concerned about how bad the rain was messing up her hair and makeup.

and beastie-- that was being written while you were posting your response-- it was not directed at you (god I wish I didn't have to bother writing this crap).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

ESPN probably didn't bother to find out what was really going on since their sideline reporter was more concerned about how bad the rain was messing up her hair and makeup.

I thought that was weird too.  They kept talking about it in the booth and showing Royal, but the babe never got in there to find out what was being said or what transpired.  These sideline reporters have their 6-8 storylines all prepared before the game.  They can't deal with anything unexpected except injuries.  What is the point?  They could do that from the booth.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,480
  • Days Won:  13

ESPN probably didn't bother to find out what was really going on since their sideline reporter was more concerned about how bad the rain was messing up her hair and makeup.

Don't forget that it was her wedding anniversary as well.  So she was REALLY motivated to actually be a journalist.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Don't forget that it was her wedding anniversary as well.  So she was REALLY motivated to actually be a journalist.

I look forward to the days when we get Jill Arrington and High-Def TV ..........

I look forward to the days when we get Jill Arrington and High-Def TV ..........

Not sure-- by the time that happens, Jill may be kind of OLD.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Beastie.....your point regarding Seth....how about the time Brigman refused to go into the game or the time Leather left the court to go sit in the stands?  What did your glorious Greenie do with those guys?