• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible Future Opponents

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If Butgers or Pitt or Cuse ends up in the Big 10, resulting in "devastation" of the Big East per speculation again today on ESPN's College Football Live, we may end up scrambling again like this year and end up with 1aas filling the schedule. As pointed out, a Big 10 expansion with resulting championship game brings in millions more in revenue at a time when schools are scrambling to save and make money (as pointed out that CFB programs don't even spend money now on printing media guides), along with BB revenue if Pitt or Syracuse joins them.

I can''t resist beating the "Big East Expansion" horse... will follow up with a wish list of future opponents after this post to get the thread back on track.

I saw this as well on ESPN... sounds like its getting some traction amongst the big wigs in the Big 10. If this were to happen like ESPN and the other pundits out there are speculating then the Big East needs to add some Southern teams to the mix.

ESPN thinks that ND will not leave the BE because it can remain Independent in football while enjoying all the other perks of being in a conference. Also apparently ND has a standing invite in hand already that was given to them back in the 1980's.

ESPN thinks that instead Rutgers or Syracuse would bolt for the Big 10 if offered a membership... they mentioned that Pittsburgh would most likely not get an invite because Penn State would not be to happy about sharing Big 10 turf with a cross State rival.

Again this is all speculation...  but unlike most speculation this could happen this year or next.

IF the Big 10 raids the Big East then the BE would be hard pressed to replace Rutgers or Syracuse since there are few Yankee schools that have good football programs that can be absorbed from other lower conferences.

The only hope for the BE would be for ND to use their relationship, especially given the non-football sports angle, with Army and Navy to lure them into the BE.

The Big East would also need to add in my opinion 2 other teams to make the BE a 10 school Conference. I like Memphis due to the liberty bowl tie in that they would bring, they run the liberty bowl, and another Southern school to balance out the Conference a bit more.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I would like for us to play...

(1) Georgia

(2) Georgia Tech

(3) Clemson

(4) Ole Miss

(5) Miss State

(6) Penn State

(7) Ohio State

(8) Michigan

(9) Texas

(10) LSU

• Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

If Butgers or Pitt or Cuse ends up in the Big 10, resulting in "devastation" of the Big East per speculation again today on ESPN's College Football Live, we may end up scrambling again like this year and end up with 1aas filling the schedule. As pointed out, a Big 10 expansion with resulting championship game brings in millions more in revenue at a time when schools are scrambling to save and make money (as pointed out that CFB programs don't even spend money now on printing media guides), along with BB revenue if Pitt or Syracuse joins them.

usf needs to go on the road and play real teams

get real $$$$$$$$$$

earn respect

and than maybe big time area recruits wouldnt come to usf instead of snubbing usf

(1) Georgia

(2) Georgia Tech

(3) Clemson

(4) Ole Miss

(5) Miss State

(6) Penn State

(7) Ohio State

(8) Michigan

(9) Texas

(10) LSU

hahahahah

leavitt wouldnt play anyone on that list

usf could play alot of teams \

\but leavitt is afraid to travel

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

usf needs to go on the road and play real teams

get real $$$$$$$$$$

earn respect

and than maybe big time area recruits wouldnt come to usf instead of snubbing usf

You mean like FSU, Kansas, Auburn, Miami and UF - real tiemas?  Oh yeah, we have played or are scheduled to play all of them, I just remembered.  What a yutz.

And for the recruits, you are right.  I cannot wait until we get a top 25 recruiting class.  Oh yea, I just remembered, we got that this year as well.

I guess we just need to get paid for our work.  Hmm, we went to the Magic Jack bowl in st pete, no travel costs, and we pocketed nearly $1M.  Check, got that one sized up to. 

I guess you really do speak (or type) out of your arse.  Thanks for playing, glad you could make it to our show.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

(1) Georgia

(2) Georgia Tech

(3) Clemson

(4) Ole Miss

(5) Miss State

(6) Penn State

(7) Ohio State

(8) Michigan

(9) Texas

(10) LSU

hahahahah

leavitt wouldnt play anyone on that list

Surprise, you're wrong.  We actually played Penn State on that list.  Try again.

Archived