• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Converted Gators for the FSU Game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We have played UF many times over... Most recently in hoops at our house in 2001. That experience alone will make you never want to associate with any Gator (I do my best not too).

We've also played them in baseball, softball, women's hoops, etc.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  412
  • Days Won:  0

We have played UF many times over... Most recently in hoops at our house in 2001. That experience alone will make you never want to associate with any Gator (I do my best not too).

Sorry, I definitely meant in football. It's really the only sport I like, so it's really all I discuss.

• Content Count:  624

Sorry, I definitely meant in football. It's really the only sport I like, so it's really all I discuss.

Bandit,

The reason you are seeing such a dislike for this idea is because at this current time, South Florida is still struggling to make its name nationally recognized. I'm guessing you are/were a student at one time, but do you not remember seeing all the other schools shirts around campus and it making you mad? If I saw someone wearing that shirt at the FSU game, it would kind of upset me because it says that those people aren't real BULLS fans but only for that day. We need people to be South Florida fans FIRST, not second behind another school.

• Content Count:  937

bring all the people u can, show them usf is lights out

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

If I went to another FSU/UF game I would wear USF gear and root for the Noles.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Hey, I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me, I'm bringing my mom, brother and uncle to the game- all UF fans, but donning the green and gold for a day to watch us beat FSU.

They're going to make T shirts with the following Logo (design by Bandit)-

bullforadayhorns2.jpg

By usfhudson at 2009-05-29

blasphemy

Guest hm101

all my gator friends are hoping for a USF win that day. but no doubt it's not because they appreciate USF...  its dislike for FSU.

ive also brought up the possibility for an upset in 2010. they of course think its ridiculous. the reality is we're not in the same boat as the Citadels and Charleston Southerns of their schedule. we will put up a fight, even if were not in the same boat as them. every season/game is unpredictable. need i bring up the ole miss game, beating the future national champ gators at home?

one day the gators will be at the bottom again, and the gator nation wont know what to do with itself. its a sure thing.

• Content Count:  185

I personally think it is a great idea. I grew up bleeding orange and blue but went to USF. Most college football fans did not have the choice of growing up to the bulls. So I for one am happy that we will have some more support at this game as well as a possibility that these fans could walk away, saying that was one of the best games they have ever seen. That is how we will build our fan base. College football in my opinion is by far the greatest sport there is.

We have the advantage of being in a Big city were there are also college football fanatics but not alumni of USF. Eventually they will see what we all have been seeing for the past 10 years, some great football. To be honest, I have been to some of the best so called games in the history of college football as far as rankings go, that are not national title games, and I would say that at least 4 USF games are in my top ten all time greatest college football games I have ever attended.

The same thing happened with the U back in the 80's. Most of the fans that went to those games were not UM alumni, but local's that joined the bandwagon when they started winning just like any team in South FLA that is winning. Tampa at least is a great sports town and once we get these college football fanatics that can't go see there Alma mater play, they will start to root for the home team. As long as these fans that are wearing these shirts cheer like the gator fans that I know and they do not bad mouth USF, than in my eyes they are more than welcome.

But I could be biased since there isn't a team I hate more than the crimenoles, with Dumb U(Ohio State) a close second. Plus we are going to need as much backup as we can get since you know, the Seminole fans are going to being probably some of the worst fans we have ever encountered. I wonder if anyone is gonna by some beat up cars and spray paint them like they do for the UM-FSU game in the Village. That is where things get crazy!

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

To thine own self be true...

I think it's more of a slam against the gators than the noles...  who gives a s#!^ what they wear to the game just as long as they cheer for the BULLS!

• Content Count:  3,103

F@ck the Gaytors, all their fans can go to hell.  I grew up a Canes fan so have hated the Gaytors and Criminoles my entire life and that shirt made me sick.  All of my friends who went to FU think that they are the best thing out there and that their **** doesn't stink and give no respect to anything USF has accomplished in such a short period of time.  I have also put a self imposed ban on Gatorade, will not buy it, touch it or drink it, have been doing this for a few years now.

Archived