• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's up, Steers?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Bulls, just checking-in with my favorite Big East team and fans.

Im assuming youre pretty excited about the 2009 season? I know I am.

On paper, USF would appear to be the best team in the Big East, but man, yall have a pretty tough couple of OOC games - almost as bad as the Ducks line-up (at Boise State in the opener, and home for Purdue and Utah). Im sorry to say I think the FSU and UM games (one of em anyway) will probably keep the Bulls out of the title hunt, but the Orange Bowl seems like a solid possibility.

Ill be pullin for ya!

As for Oregon, well, the schedule is tough. Boise State on the Smurf Turf is quite possibly the toughest road venue in the FBS (especially on a Thursday night to open the season) but if the Ducks can pull off a victory, it could set-up a terrific run. Utah will also be tough, but theyve lost a lot, and the game is at Autzen. Oregon gets the Clone Army (USC) at home, as well as Cal, ASU and the Beavers, so if they can hold it together early, they could challenge the Toejams for the Rose Bowl (Im not going to think any bigger than that, although I think Jeremiah Masoli is the best dual-threat college QB since Vick).

Anyway, plan to stay-up late on opening night (9/3). The UO/BSU game kicks off at 10:15 EDT (second half of a double-header), but it is not to be missed!

Do you happen to know if the FSU game will be televised nationally? If not, I wont get to watch the Bulls until late October vs. Cincy I guess, which pretty much *****.

Finally, on the fashion front (you know us Duck fans), I dig the white helmets! I like the gold ones too, but variety is always fun. Oregon now has four different helmets, which is ridiculous, but hey, wacky is UOs tradition.

Take care!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Hey Quack! Good Luck in '09.

Clone Army Toejams! That's a good one!

• Content Count:  19

I think its a great chance that the fsu game will be televised nationally, I don't see why it shouldn't be. I'm going to it  either way so it doesn't really matter to me  ;D  Thanks for the support and good luck next season.

• Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Welcome chrisisabull!

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

Clone Army lollolol

Man, Oregon BSU should be earlier. Could be a gooooooood game.

• Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for dropping a line, but let's not call us "Steers."

Some people may not realize that a steer is a bull with his n*ts cut off!

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

I think we left El Paso nutless....

• Content Count:  26

Thanks for dropping a line, but let's not call us "Steers."

Some people may not realize that a steer is a bull with his n*ts cut off!

Sorry, all in fun.

In fairness, here's some Oregon smack names you can invoke:

The Zeros or The Toilet Seats (both logo references)

The Floats (you get the idea - a favorite with the SoCals)

The Ucks (because they have no "D")

and of course, the anti-liberal favorite, UCE - the University of California at Eugene. This is also a reference to the origin of most UO players, but hey, Cali has ten times the population of Oregon - what else can they do?

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

We usually go with That Team With Those Utterly Horrible Uniforms  ;)

• Content Count:  1,757

Hey Bulls, just checking-in with my favorite Big East team and fans.

I’m assuming you’re pretty excited about the 2009 season? I know I am.

On paper, USF would appear to be the best team in the Big East, but man, y’all have a pretty tough couple of OOC games - almost as bad as the Ducks’ line-up (at Boise State in the opener, and home for Purdue and Utah). I’m sorry to say I think the FSU and UM games (one of ‘em anyway) will probably keep the Bulls out of the title hunt, but the Orange Bowl seems like a solid possibility.

I’ll be pullin’ for ya!

As for Oregon, well, the schedule is tough. Boise State on the Smurf Turf is quite possibly the toughest road venue in the FBS (especially on a Thursday night to open the season) but if the Ducks can pull off a victory, it could set-up a terrific run. Utah will also be tough, but they’ve lost a lot, and the game is at Autzen. Oregon gets the Clone Army (USC) at home, as well as Cal, ASU and the Beavers, so if they can hold it together early, they could challenge the Toejams for the Rose Bowl (I’m not going to think any bigger than that, although I think Jeremiah Masoli is the best dual-threat college QB since Vick).

Anyway, plan to stay-up late on opening night (9/3). The UO/BSU game kicks off at 10:15 EDT (second half of a double-header), but it is not to be missed!

Do you happen to know if the FSU game will be televised nationally? If not, I won’t get to watch the Bulls until late October vs. Cincy I guess, which pretty much *****. 

Finally, on the fashion front (you know us Duck fans), I dig the white helmets! I like the gold ones too, but variety is always fun. Oregon now has four different helmets, which is ridiculous, but hey, wacky is UO’s “tradition.â€

Take care! 

It #@%&*@ better be!  My stupid, inconsiderate, dolt of a little sister is getting married that Sunday and I'll be out of the state... arghhhh!!!!!

Archived