• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

Be excited for Bogan as a WR bc if we have guys back there who can run sub 4.40 40s, that's who better be returning kickoffs this season.  Punt returns are a little different, but even then, the most dangerous guys there are always small, shifty speed demons like Peter Warrick used to be.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  98

Anyone else as excited as I am about him?

Second half of the year, he was spectacular on kick returns. Reminded me of JR, but better.

Solid receiver too, good hands. Great size too.

He's my breakout player for '09

GO BULLS!

Other than the UCONN game and the Bowl (against a woefully overmatched team) what specifically impressed you about him in the return game? He averaged about 20 per return which doesn't set the world on fire. Did you notice that the other team kicked ONLY to him in almost every game? That says they fear any other guy (Murphy, Taurus, etc) more than him.

I like Bogan as a WR going forward, but I don't think his return skills are scaring anybody.

Actually, he averaged close to 27 yds per return and I noticed the same thing the OP did ... he came on the second half of the year. He just didn't seem to waste any time running east and west and went vertical as soon as he could.

I meant OTHER than UCONN (2 for 135) and Memphis (2 for 71). Those two outliers beef up his average to 26.55. I know you don't throw out stats, but those two games (especially UCONN) were the exception, not the rule.

I thought he was decent, but there's a reason Bogan got nearly every return. Teams kick AWAY from the perceived threat.

I will agree that from a technique standpoint, he improved as the season wore on. I just don't think he has the best vision in traffic. Murphy is a guy that can see the crease before it happens and then hit it.

All that said, I like him a lot as a WR. I think his best days in the future will be from there and not on special teams.

• Content Count:  121

Lindsey Lamar is the guy I'm looking forward to getting some touches.  Some way somehow.  I can watch his highlight reel on the athletic department website over and over and just imagine the possibilities.  Of course he has the speed but for a guy his size he breaks some tackles.  And one of his better games came again eventual state champion Plant.  Oh and from what I can tell his breakout track performances came only 6 months or so after having a knee injury that caused him to miss much of the 07 football season.  So he might even improve on his personal best of 10.35 in the 100M this spring.   

• Content Count:  1,037

Lindsey Lamar is the guy I'm looking forward to getting some touches.  Some way somehow.  I can watch his highlight reel on the athletic department website over and over and just imagine the possibilities.  Of course he has the speed but for a guy his size he breaks some tackles.  And one of his better games came again eventual state champion Plant.  Oh and from what I can tell his breakout track performances came only 6 months or so after having a knee injury that caused him to miss much of the 07 football season.  So he might even improve on his personal best of 10.35 in the 100M this spring.   

I'm most excited about Lindsay. He reminds me of Jeff Demps from UF, who played a huge role as true freshman in UF winning the national title.

As for Bogan, well I'll let these highlights explain:

http://www.gousfbulls.com/newMediaPlayer/consolewmp.htm?id=352664&oemid=7700&type=vod

• Content Count:  5,241

I doubt lamar will see anything but the bench this season. But in '10....

• Content Count:  88

Ummm someone made a statement that compared Bogan to J.R Reed. Are you high? I mean come on Reed unlike Bogan scored touchdown's on punt and kickoff returns. I mean on his last games as senior he had kick return for a touchdown, punt return for one and fumble return for one.  J.R. also has more touchdowns all around (interception and fumbles included) and i willing to bet we everything is said and down more all purpose yards then Bogan will have in his career. Also lets not jump the gun on Bogan he is great talent but he still has not scored touchdown on return yet.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I doubt lamar will see anything but the bench this season. But in '10....

I disagree. He's too big of a weapon to sit out '09.

Canales will make sure to use him in HIS offense this year.

I think our other speed demon, Derrick Hopkins, will be the one to redshirt, since he needs to get bigger and stronger before seeing the field. In fact, I could see Hopkins taking a greyshirt in order for us to stay within the scholarship limits.

Archived