• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

Anyone else as excited as I am about him?

Second half of the year, he was spectacular on kick returns. Reminded me of JR, but better.

Solid receiver too, good hands. Great size too.

He's my breakout player for '09

GO BULLS!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah he got a lot of practice for kick returns during the Rutgers game....  :-\

But he definitely has skills. Our whole WR set will be quite a bunch. Can't wait to see them in action.

• Content Count:  12,293

he is a good player but i thought aj love was going to have a better year next year but after his injury in the bowl game i doubt it now.

lets hope that we develop at "go to" WR.  id rather see 1 guy get 8 catches a game then 4 guys get 2 catches.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

he is a good player but i thought aj love was going to have a better year next year but after his injury in the bowl game i doubt it now.

lets hope that we develop at "go to" WR.  id rather see 1 guy get 8 catches a game then 4 guys get 2 catches.

If Hopkins or Lamar can develop as a speedy slot receiver, then our WR corps will be complete.  We already have one of the tallest WR corps in the country, and aside from Mitchell at times, also one the best hands in the country as well as a team.  But we lack that Ean Randolph guy.  Lamar and Hopkins both fit the mold, but much faster.

As for Bogan, he is our SMARTEST returner.  He doesn't try to shake n' bake, he just picks a hole and hits it at full speed.  He doesn't have game-breaking speed, but gets the best out of each play.  As a receiver, I expect him to have a very good year.  He has the hands... hopefully he can get open (which isn't hard in this offense)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Any time I see a thread with a player's name in the offseason I get worried.  Glad to see that is not the case.

Dontavia can be pretty good.  Let's hope Canales does better with him than Gregory did.

As for Bogan, he is our SMARTEST returner.  He doesn't try to shake n' bake, he just picks a hole and hits it at full speed.  He doesn't have game-breaking speed, but gets the best out of each play. 

i will be glad to  not see marcus edwards back there.  marcus had some great hands and could field punts well but you could also count on a .2 yard return each time

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I was hoping for a better '08 from Love. Hope he heals and is ready for '09.

Bogan is very impressive, excited about his ability.

I just want more TD catches, by anyone.

Guest nybullsfan

I disagree. I'd rather have the 4 guys consistently getting good catches. If we start depending on one player, other teams will game plan for him.

Just ask DoJo

I disagree. I'd rather have the 4 guys consistently getting good catches. If we start depending on one player, other teams will game plan for him.

Just ask DoJo

APPLES AND ORANGES.

in basketball there are only 10 guys on the court and it is a MUCH smaller space.  and i did not mean that i wanted 1 superstar and 4 other guys just going thru the motions (like our basketball team)  id love to have 15 nfl caliber WRs I just think that it would be better for our offense as a whole if Grothe had a Go To Guy.  it helps the confidence of grothe and our coaching staff when its those 3rd and longs.

on a basketball court you can gameplan to take 1 guy out of the mix offensively and still be in a pretty good position to guard the other 4.

in football if you game plan to eliminate 1 particular WR you open yourself up on the other side of the field big time.

• Content Count:  10,219

hopkins will be our game changer with field position.

Archived