• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another "USF -- Bowl" thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

USF will do good to win 5 games... 6 is very unlikely... U dont go bowling before next year... and prob not until 2007.  My guess is u end u 4-7 this year..

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

cb-last year was the year to stick to uab and they stuck it to us

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

UAB just took a bad loss to Tulane, so maybe they are vulnerable. Hopefully we've been working on basics and discipline since the UofL game. If nothing else I expect a better showing, a sign that the team is getting better.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Jim, from what I hear the Liberty Bowl does not have to take the Mountain West runnerup. If they lose Utah to the BCS the game becomes at-large and they can take whoever they want.

Boise State is hoping this happens and is angling for an invite to Memphis. But if the Liberty slot comes open I think one of the major conferences will be proactive and work out a deal to send one of their surplus teams there. So UofL could get to play a good Big Ten/Big XII/SEC team in a bowl.

Another compelling possibility, which I just made up: they could invite Southern Miss AND Louisville.

But yeah that 5th CUSA bowl slot is pretty much wide open right now. As for the other four, I think I'd swap Memphis and USM. The Big XII is DEEP this year and whoever goes to the Fort Worth game is going to be a very strong team. USM would make a better matchup; leave Memphis to face the MAC school.

BSU vs UL..that's a good game.  Good football entertainm't.  I hope the Liberty Bowl official don't opt for some 6-5 BCS bottom rung team.

after our last long lay off we looked like crap against army

that bye was a waste

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

I would rather NOT make a bowl, than have a game in Hawaii where 3 USF fans show up...

We would have such a horrible fan showing that we would look Bush league.

NAM37

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just about every team outside of the University of Hawaii has a horrible fan showing at that bowl.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Hawaii would not be the turnout that Mobile (GMAC) or New Orleans would be...

However, you can bet there would be 1,000 or so USF fans there - even if most of them are family members of the players.  AND... it is still the FIRST EVER bowl game.  I can see a few rabid fans (maybe some from this board) taking out a second mortgage to finance a Christmas vacation in Hawaii.

Moreover, I disagree that it would give USF a bad reputation -- NO team travels well to Hawaii for a bowl game.  I don't think any bowl committee will hold that against us.

It may be that two teams from the mainland will play in the Hawaii bowl - UH may not win 6 games this year.  USF vs La Tech??  Talk about an empty stadium.  I wonder if ESPN would let the game be played somewhere else (they own the game).

we don't have anything to worry about

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

I still have hope for the Bulls' bowl chances. Thanks for the breakdown, now I don't have to figure out the what ifs. And getting to any bowl is always a positive, even if we take 3 fans ...