• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who the heck to we hire to be DC?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

Its gonna be some no namer person. Probably Troy Douglas, although I wouldnt mind seeing Mccarney come back...

If its Troy Douglas this program is going down the drain.

LMAO! Like you know Troy Douglas's qualifications!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I am not sure if we would want him back or what he is making right now, but with Leavitt's penachant for working with people he worked with before, the first name that comes to my mind is Kravitz. 

Good choice.

• Content Count:  4,642

Buc's moved their DB coach all the way to the top!

I'm not saying it's the right move, but someone in the system should be ok.

did you forget about gregory and his inability to keep it up?

this is terrible news. i hope this doesn't mess up any recruits.  maybe they planned it this way AFTER they signed?

let's not forget he was the LINEBACKERS COACH and now we'll need someone to take that role as well.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Its gonna be some no namer person. Probably Troy Douglas, although I wouldnt mind seeing Mccarney come back...

If its Troy Douglas this program is going down the drain.

LMAO! Like you know Troy Douglas's qualifications!

Courtesy: USF

Release: 07/19/2006 

Troy Douglas is entering his third season as an assistant coach for USF and his 20th season as a full-time college coach.

During the 2006 and 2007 Douglas worked primarily with the Bulls' safeties, in 2008 he will take on the entire defensive backfield.

Douglas joined the Bulls in 2006 after two years at Indiana, where he coached the cornerbacks. Among his 18 previous seasons of collegiate coaching, Douglas has spent 16 years working in the defensive secondary.

Douglas played major role in the 2007 USF defense, which leds the country in turnovers, interceptions and fumble recoveries.  His secondary produced 17 of the 23 interceptions, including three by first team All-American Mike Jenkins, four by third team All-BIG EAST safety Nate Allen and  six by second team All-BIG EAST corner Trae Williams.  Douglas has worked with three of the top seven senior corner prospects for the 2007 NFL Draft, including Williams, Jenkins and Indiana's Tracy Porter.

The Bull's defense was ranked 11th nationally in pass efficiency defense after his first season at USF and improved to seventh nationally in 2007.  During the 2006 campaign, USF only allowed 11 passing touchdowns. In particular, Douglas has honed the secondary's ball-hawking skills.  All of his defensive backs run receiving patterns to improve their footwork and hands.

In addition to his two years at Indiana, Douglas has coached at South Carolina State (2003), Michigan State (2001-2002), SMU (1997-2000), UTEP (1995-1996), East Tennessee State (1992-1994) and West Chester (1989-1991).

At Indiana, Douglas instructed 2004 Big Ten all-freshman cornerback Porter and helped build a unit that had a +4 turnover margin. Although he spent the 2003 season as the secondary coach at South Carolina State, Douglas arrived at Indiana as no stranger to Big Ten football. Douglas spent two years as secondary coach at Michigan State, and despite losing four cornerbacks through the 2001 season, the Spartans still ranked 14th in the nation in pass defense.

In his one year at South Carolina State between his Big Ten jobs with Michigan State and Indiana, Douglas was instrumental in building a defense that led I-AA in pass efficiency defense.

At SMU, Douglas coached running backs for one season (1997) before moving over to head the secondary. Two of his students – Jacoby Rhinehart (Arizona) and Donald Mitchell (Tennessee) were drafted by NFL teams. In 1998, SMU was ranked 14th nationally in defense.

In his two seasons at UTEP, Douglas coached the secondary in 1995 and running backs in 1996, after three seasons as the secondary coach at East Tennessee State. At ETSU, the Buccaneers ranked third in the nation in pass efficiency defense, and one of Douglas’ players – Donnie Abraham – went on to a very successful career with the New York Jets that included a Pro Bowl appearance.

Douglas began a full-time coaching career as the defensive backs coach at West Chester (Pa.) in 1989, where he coached Lee Woodall, a Pro Bowl player in 1995 and 1997 as a San Francisco 49er.

A native of Jacksonville, Fla., Douglas was a four-year starter at wide receiver for Appalachian State from 1983-86. He led the team in receiving as a junior and his 90 career receptions for 1,401 yards still rank him among the top five in school history. With a bachelor’s degree in communications arts (1988), he was a graduate assistant at his alma mater before his first full-time position at West Chester.

Douglas and his wife, Rebecca, have two children – Tanner (9) and Taryn (6 ).

Leavitt is a TOP Defensive Mind ... he will be our DC in 2009.

I'm calm.

then we'll need a good special teams coach to replace leavitt as well as someone to take over linebackers.

• Content Count:  1,260

Although it isn't a rule...many great head coaches generally surround themselves with top notch talent. If you look at the coaching trees of guys like Pete Carroll, Bill Parcells, Bear Bryant, and even CJL's guru Bill Schneider...they have developed crops of talented coaches who go on to great things. Hope that CJL doesn't merely look for a "stop gap" coordinator, and is willing to take a chance on some talented young guys who can grow with the program for a few years...

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Joe Tresey? He was just let go by the Bearcats.

• Content Count:  88

All I got to say there is only two candidates in my mind,

1. Dano Mac

2. Rick Kravitz

Both very much more qualified then Troy Douglas or any one else on the staff and the single fact of the matter is that we should never let these two coaches go in first place. Be if it was for money or any other reason when you have coaching minds like that on your staff you are more likely to succeed. 

• Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

If we can't get Dan back from UF, how about (thinking outside the "box"), Chuck from FSU. 

Archived