• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the first time since 2001, there is hope!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

I said this in another post - You can tell the season hasn't started yet, all of the myopians and pollyannas are talking about how great  RMC is.  These are the same people who are saying we can still get to a bowl game.  Gimme a break.  The recruits he got are not very good and are barely CUSA calibre much less BE calibre.  You'll see.

Some of the recruits CRM has nabbed this offseason are as highly touted as any other recruit in our storied past (including BB, Tron, Yusef, etc). We have to build from something Beastie. We have no tradition and no basketball rep, what kind of recruits did you expect CRM to bring in? The guys he brought in are solid, and they play his style of ball. Are they superstars? No, but they are better than what we had last year. When this guy's recruiting classes start to regress, let me know. Until then, let the guy build. Yes it would have been nice to grab some bangers down low, maybe that will come after this season.

As for our bowl chances, I think I will save that talk for next season. Your line about the "myopians and pollyannas" was quite amusing though.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Some of the recruits CRM has nabbed this offseason are as highly touted as any other recruit in our storied past (including BB, Tron, Yusef, etc). We have to build from something Beastie. We have no tradition and no basketball rep, what kind of recruits did you expect CRM to bring in? The guys he brought in are solid, and they play his style of ball. Are they superstars? No, but they are better than what we had last year. When this guy's recruiting classes start to regress, let me know. Until then, let the guy build. Yes it would have been nice to grab some bangers down low, maybe that will come after this season.

As for our bowl chances, I think I will save that talk for next season. Your line about the "myopians and pollyannas" was quite amusing though.

In all seriousness none of the new recruits are as highly touted as Yusuf or BB.  I think Yusuf was the highest rated player we ever signed.  Not sure where the current guys rank, but I don't think they are anywhere near those two.  Not that highly touted players matter much, though it does help.  

I would not be as dissatisfied if I knew we had some bangers - Diarra and Brigman are NOT gonna cut it.  They are both horrible.  It would have been great to get a decent big man who could cut his teeth this year in CUSA and then have that much more confidence going into the BE.  As we stand, we are not going to have an established force in the middle going into the BE and that is going to kill us.

Agreed, the lack of size MUST be addressed after this season. We have some very capable guards that have the reputation to shoot he rock, but CRM needs some bangers down low for the BE. TL will pick up the slack this year, but we need to recruit those positions next year for the NBE. Diarra has the size and build to cause some problems, but from last season he looked like a serious project.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I am still waiting on BeastieBull's answer to who USF should have hired for the head coach last season. And remember, USF does not have the money right now to hire a BOBBY KNIGHT. Right now, USF made a great choice in Robert McCullum whether you think so or not. Coach McCullum has brought a better image to our basketball program. The basketball program already won some academic awards in C-USA under McCullum's watch. Right now, McCullum has control of this program which is something Seth did not. Dont you remember how imbarrassing it was to USF when Seth and Baxter went after the ECU fans just a few years ago?? Dont you remember when Seth had some players leave and come dressed up in street cloths. If you think USF was better off three years ago then you are blind.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Call me legally blind then. If you want to win academic awards, go hang out in the library. If you want to win basketball games, call Seth back. I'll take a .500 season over a .200 season anyday.

Exactly Sheriff, call Seth if you want a .500 season.....we want more than that.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

We've got a fairly well balanced team this year... good athletes, but also good shooters... a bunch of them.

Prek, Swift, Dennis, Holmes.  In the past we've had 1 or 2 at most (Kohn/swift).  This offense is going to have a different dynamic than we have seen in a long long time.  Leather has proven he can be consistent inside, even when there are no other options (see last year)  Now we open up the inside just a bit more because they have to guard the 3ball more.  

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Beastie.....of the freshman class this year maybe none are as highly touted but that was essentially Mac's first class.

His second class, the senior's in high school right now is shaping up to be a very nice class.  Cann is as highly regarded as Baker or BB was as is Chris Howard.

His third class he's currently in on several top 50 national prospects including the #6 junior in the country.