• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For the first time since 2001, there is hope!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,458
  • Days Won:  43

I dont know about you, but I am feeling alot better about the USF basketball program under Coach McCullum. He is getting some good recruits for the record we had last season. I have a feeling that USF will be much improved and display team basketball this season. I really believe the USF basketball program will take off pretty soon with Coach McCullum. We are not that far away IMO because we did compete near the end of the season. I just have a hunch that we will suprise alot of people this season in basketball. I doubt we will finish in last place this season. GO BASKETBULLS!!!! CRM is the savior!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am counting on crm to do it

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

well... Seth left us at above .500, and we can only be a tad bit worse than last year under CRM... so you do have a valid point. How about no more 30+ point losses this season... that alone will be a start in the right direction.

I dont know about you, but I am feeling alot better about the USF basketball program under Coach McCullum. He is getting some good recruits for the record we had last season. I have a feeling that USF will be much improved and display team basketball this season. I really believe the USF basketball program will take off pretty soon with Coach McCullum. We are not that far away IMO because we did compete near the end of the season. I just have a hunch that we will suprise alot of people this season in basketball. I doubt we will finish in last place this season. GO BASKETBULLS!!!! CRM is the savior!!!!

I agree, from the looks of it CRM seems to be developing a TEAM of players instead of a group of individuals that cannot function together as a unit.

My interest in USF hoops over the past years has deteriorated significantly to the point that I didn't even bother to see if they won or lost.

Last year though was interesting despite the player personnel losses.  I think this year, with a full roster of healthy, eligible players - we should be much improved.

I think anything over double digits wins is an improvement and that we are moving in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,458
  • Days Won:  43

Sheriff,

Please dont take this as a jab at Seth. I didnt mean to come off like that because I thought Seth improved USF hoops from when he took over. He brought alot of respect during his peak years at USF with having us on the bubble and getting national televised games. I just think Seth lost the team later on and he knew that so that is why he left. The team had alot of the players fighting and showing disrepect to Seth which is never good IMO. Now, USF has a coach that wont take that crap from his players as we found out last season. As a USF fan, I could have cared less about the big losses as long as Coach McCullum stood his ground which he did by not giving special treatment to his star players. Call me crazy, but Coach McCullum is going to take this program to a level that USF has never seen before. If you could not see the difference in play during the end of last season then you really missed alot IMO. We were toe to toe with DEPAUL, UAB, MARQ, etc down the stretch when we had about 8 or 7 players left. Now, the team is getting depth and they are believing in his system. If USF finishes in last place in C-USA this year then it will be time to worry because I know we are better than that right now. GO BULLS!!!! War post season play for USF!!!!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

well... Seth left us at above .500, and we can only be a tad bit worse than last year under CRM... so you do have a valid point. How about no more 30+ point losses this season... that alone will be a start in the right direction.

you got it. NO MORE 30+ POINT LOSES THIS SEASON

a six pack of yours anytime that happens this season!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I said this in another post - You can tell the season hasn't started yet, all of the myopians and pollyannas are talking about how great  RMC is.  These are the same people who are saying we can still get to a bowl game.  Gimme a break.  The recruits he got are not very good and are barely CUSA calibre much less BE calibre.  You'll see.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

even if there is lack of success this year, that doesn't make RMC a bad coach.  The main thing is for improvement from last year... if we get that... it is progress.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

even if there is lack of success this year, that doesn't make RMC a bad coach.  The main thing is for improvement from last year... if we get that... it is progress.  

Man does you radar go off whenever I post about Mac?